Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Mohamed Amine KETATA on 15-12-2009 05:03:37 PM
Hi,
Since a few months, we have deployed a CVP Reporting Server. It worked fine for several days.
Now when we try to connect the Crystal Reports to the CVP database, we receive the following message :

Logon Failed.
Details: 28000: [Informix ODBC Driver] Incorrect password or user cvp_dbadmin@Local_IP is not known on the database server.
[Database Vendor Code: -951]

I tried to test the ODBC connection to the Reporting DB but I received the following message :

Test Connection was not successful.
[Informix ODBC Driver] Incorrect password or user cvp_dbadmin@Local_IP is not known on the database server.

I tried to change the password from OPS Console but I received a message : Invalid user password

Please note that CVP Reporting server is a domain memeber. Could it be something related to domain password policy?
Anyway, can anyone help me to reset the passwords for the following users :

- informix
- cvp_dbuser
- cvp_dbadmin

Thanks.

Subject: RE: CVP Reporting DB User Passwords
Replied by: Jack Parker on 15-12-2009 06:19:59 PM
Typically this is caused by password expiration which is controlled by the security policy in place.  Check the peroperties of the userids in question and ensure that "User must change password at next login" is not checked.  You may have to check "Password never expires" to get this to effectively uncheck.  Informix handles user authentication via Windows, as long as that first box is checked, you will be unable to connect to the database with that userid.

The reason for changing passwords through OAMP is that OAMP keeps a copy of the password so that it can communicate with the reporting server.  This password has to agree with the password managed by Windows.  If you change the password via Windows this communication will no longer work.  You will need to set the password via Windows back to its old setting.

But again, this is most likely just an expired password.

Regards,
Jack Parker
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links