Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Chad Stachowicz on 08-06-2010 01:54:25 PM
All,

I am using setSessionData in my CVP app in order to store session data.  I am however trying to access this data after the fact in CVP Studio and it does not appear to be there.  I believe its because it stores as an object and not as a string or an int.

Is there a way to define this, so I can use session data in my CVP Studio with {data.session.variable}

Thanks!

Chad

Subject: RE: CVP setSessionData in CVP Call Studio
Replied by: Chad Stachowicz on 09-06-2010 07:41:27 PM
Tieying,

Thanks for your insight.  In my case I believe I found to be that I was casting my object to the wrong type, and hence it was not working in my decision element

Thanks again!

Chad

Replied by: Tieying Xuan on 09-06-2010 05:30:40 AM
Hi Chad,

You don't need to re-define the session variable in Call Studio. After you call setSessionData in your custom Java class, you can use the session variable directly.

For example, in the custom Action Element, we called,
actionData.setSessionData("TempVar", new Integer(1234));

Then you can use session variable in Call Studio,
{Data.Session.TempVar}

You will not be able to find the variable name in the drop list. But you can input it by yourself. It will work well if you have set the value in Java class before it.

You can use any kind of Java object as value of session variable. But if you use it Call Studio, the object will be parsed to String automatically. Just like to call toString() method of the object.

Replied by: Tieying Xuan on 10-06-2010 02:21:22 AM
No problem! Be glad to know you found the resolution.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links