Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Janine Graves on 24-08-2007 04:56:12 AM
I'm testing thru a web browser and I've gotten to the page where the subdialog return page has executed.

In cvp 3.1, if I ran the status.bat script, it would now show that all calls and all licenses were released.

In cvp4, it now shows that all calls are gone and licenses released, but it says there is still "one session waiting to end"

It's only after I execute the "audium_application=hangup" that the "session waiting to end" message goes away.

Can you explain what that message means, and if there's something else I should enter into the web browser (other than 'hangup') to actually end the 'session'.

Thanks, Janine

Subject: RE: cvp4: "no calls but one session still running"?
Replied by: null on 29-08-2007 03:11:17 AM
Hi Janine,

Actually let me explain what you are seeing. In CVP 4.0, we introduced the concept of application loggers, which are special plugins that can do logging for you. These loggers do their things in different threads. Now, when a call ends, previously we deleted the session once all tasks done at the end of the call (such as the end of call class and final logging) was done. Now, though, the logging is done in separate threads and could cause errors if we deleted the session too quickly. So what we have done is delay the deleting of the session for a period of time (default is 30 seconds - you can change this in the global_config.xml file). Now an ending call frees up a license port for use, but is still in memory in the session until this 30 seconds are up. In order to allow the administrator to see when a call is in that stage, we introduced the new column in the status output for "sessions ending".

So if you went to the subdialog return page and called the status, you would see 0 active calls and 1 call ending. If you then wait 30 seconds, you will see both columns at 0. So its not the audium_action=hangup that did it, though it looked like it was because the whole process took 30 seconds! You do not need to do any pages after you see a VoiceXML page with a <return> tag in it.

Hope this clarifies things!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links