Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: Automatic reply: New Message from Edward StLouis in Cisco JTAPI (JTAPI) - C
Replied by: Andrew Yim on 19-11-2012 01:39:48 PM
I am currently on PTO (11/19-11/23).

Thanks,
Andrew
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Edward StLouis on 19-11-2012 01:37:52 PM
I have developed an application that observes addresses and terminals.  As I monitor the events coming from the addresses and terminals I can pull lots of useful information.  For example, I can get the CiscoCall object and see infomration about the calling and called parties.  

I would like to be able to determine which trunk and channel the call came in on (e.g. external inbound call). Is this possible?

Subject: Automatic reply: New Message from Edward StLouis in Cisco JTAPI (JTAPI) - C
Replied by: Andrew Yim on 19-11-2012 01:39:50 PM
I am currently on PTO (11/19-11/23).

Thanks,
Andrew

Subject: RE: Determine Trunk and Channel information from a Cisco JTAPI Event
Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 19-11-2012 01:54:16 PM
For incoming calls ((CiscoAddress)CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingAddress()).getType() == CiscoAddress.EXTERNAL indicates that the caller is external. 
CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingTerminal() should give the name of the trunk. (It could be truncated if the size is greater than 15).
Channel or type of the trunk is not available.

Replied by: Edward StLouis on 19-11-2012 02:27:48 PM
Mohan Potluri:
For incoming calls ((CiscoAddress)CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingAddress()).getType() == CiscoAddress.EXTERNAL indicates that the caller is external. 
CiscoCall.getCurrentCallingTerminal() should give the name of the trunk. (It could be truncated if the size is greater than 15).
Channel or type of the trunk is not available.

Thank you for the quick response! This is very valuable information since we are new to Cisco UCM (we've been using Avaya and Shortel).
Now for the follow-up question. ;)

If I get the calling terminal from my call (trunk name), it points me to my Cisco 2800 router's IP address.  The 2800 then has the T1/PRI line plugged into it.  I assume the reason I cannot get channel information from JTAPI is because the UCM doesn't handle the PRI/DID stuff.  Is it the Cisco 2800 that handles that part?  It would be useful to see which "channel" of the trunk the call is on.  Would I have to get that information from the Cisco 2800 as opposed to the Cisco UCM?

Thanks again!

Replied by: Mohan Potluri on 19-11-2012 03:02:08 PM
Couple of reasons:
  JTAPI tries to be generic and the API is defined handle different type of underlying technologies. Some of the information you are looking for is specific to PRI and may not apply to other protocols like SIP etc.
  Within CUCM there are several layers of abstraction and the underlying protocol information is not available at JTAPI layer, hence it is not exposed to applications. 

Replied by: Edward StLouis on 20-11-2012 08:55:12 AM
I understand that Mohan. Thank you for your help.

My application doesn't just use JTAPI. I'm using AXL Webservices to read and write configuration on the UCM. I'm also monitoring Unity ports for activity to track calls inside that system.  I'm up for integrating with the 2800 too if it can provide channel information.  I just don't know if it's even possible to know which PRI channel a call is made through.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links