Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jeremiah Brown on 21-12-2009 06:14:43 PM
I am looking at the 'Tandberg C90 + C60 Serial v1.3' Module, and at the inputs for Picture Layout.

They send the 'xCommand Video PictureLayoutSet LayoutFamily:' command with the 5 different arguments.

These commands in practice are just bringing up the on-screen menu to choose a layout, not discretely calling them like we want to.  Can you let me know why these commands are not making a discrete call?  KBZ told us that we need to make custom layouts with the software package, but this seems silly when all the client wants is the default layouts.  I just need to make it simple for their user, which means no on-screen menu's.

Please tell me that we don't need to make custom layouts

The firmware on the unit we were testing with is TC2.1.0.200231

Any further questions please let me know.
Thanks,
Jeremiah Brown

Subject: RE: Discretely Calling the 4 Built-In Layouts on the C Series
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 22-12-2009 12:48:40 PM
Hi Jeremiah,

this is strange - it works for me the way you want it to work and does not bring up the menu. What happens if you log in to the codec via ssh/telnet and issue the commands there, like:
1xCommand Video PictureLayoutSet LayoutFamily: presentationsmallspeaker
2xCommand Video PictureLayoutSet LayoutFamily: fullscreen

I hate just writing "works for me" - but in this case it does :-)

If your problems still occur, could you run "xStatus systemunit" on the command line for me and paste the output here and I'll try to look further in to it.

Regards,
David
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links