Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Stephan Steiner on 23-09-2013 02:19:24 PM
Hi

Until just now I figured RisPort70 would be the new RisPort to be used. Then I found that it only exposes 3 methods in CUCM 9.1: selectCmDevice, selectCmDeviceExt and selectCtiItem.

So scratching my head I went to the documentation but didn't really find that listed - 7.1(2) apparently adds RisPort70 - and in the list of operations I still find three operations: selectCmDevice, selectCtiItem and getServerInfo.
And then going forward in the what's new and changed sections, no mention about the selectCmDeviceExt, getServerInfo or SelectCmDeviceSIP.

By looking at the WSDL of the two services I found that the regular RisPort would still offer selectCmDevice, selectCtiItem, executeCCMSQLStatement, getServerInfo and selectCmDeviceSIP operations, so in the end, all operations mentioned in the documentation are there, but executeCCMSQLStatement isn't even in the documentation and imho, the whole reason for the RisPort70 and how those operations compare to the other RisPort isn't really explained in a satisfactory manner.

For instance.. why is there a SelectCmDeviceExt operation when there's no SelectCmDeviceSIPExt operation?

I'll figure it out by simply running the operations and looking at the results, but isn't the developer guide supposed to tell you up-front what you can expect?

Cheers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links