Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Naveen Lohia on 15-03-2013 05:06:02 AM
Hello,
We are trying to connect the CTI OS server in monitor mode using java CIL.
But while connecting, recieving the following error:
[2013-03-15 02:43:01.257]ERROR [L:media.ctios.dumper.impl F: T:'JCIL_Sess(936879140)_EvtThd(393689620)' C:] EventSink.OnCtiosFailure, ErrorMessage: WARNING!!! Monitor M
ode Connection Is Denied. Number of supported monitor mode connections [2] by one CTI OS Server pair has been reached. for ctios instance: ldhCtiosNew
[2013-03-15 02:43:01.257]ERROR [L:media.ctios.dumper.impl F: T:'JCIL_Sess(936879140)_EvtThd(393689620)' C:] failure code: 14 for ctios instance: ldhCtiosNew

When trying with AllAgents CISCO tool, it is also showing the same error message.
Our application is trying to make only single connection with the CTIOS and no other application is known to be connected with the CTI OS server.
We don't have admin access to CTI OS server. Please suggest how to debug the same.

Subject: RE: Error: failure code:14  Number of supported monitor mode connections [2
Replied by: AARNE KYLAKALLIO on 15-03-2013 05:11:53 AM
Hi, there is a registry setting in CTIOS server, that states how many monitor mode connections are allowed. I think the default is 2, we have used 8 with no problems for 600 agents envinronments.
It seems for me that there are some monitor mode applications there and you should change the registry setting from 2 to something bigger.

Subject: RE: Error: failure code:14  Number of supported monitor mode connections [2
Replied by: Naveen Lohia on 15-03-2013 05:30:47 AM
Hey AARNE,
Thanks for the reply, but we don't have access to CTI OS server. But surely will request to our service provider to increase the registry value.

Meanwhile, please suggest if there is any other way to rectify this from client side?

Replied by: Naveen Lohia on 15-03-2013 05:42:34 AM
Hi ,
Bothering you once again.
Does the CTIOS server requires reboot after changing the registry or it will detect the change in run mode.

Replied by: AARNE KYLAKALLIO on 15-03-2013 05:47:24 AM
Hi,
I think there is nothing you can do on the client side for this.
I can't remember if it requires a reboot, I did this so long time ago.
In some cases we have installed a third CTIOS and used that only for monitoring. This is not supported by Cisco but has worked for us and separates monitoring from agent traffic.

Replied by: Naveen Lohia on 15-03-2013 08:03:43 AM
Thanks AARNE for the reply.
But the service provider denies to update the registry saying that it will be against CISCO standards and he will not do it.
Please suggest if there is something else.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links