Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jeevan Varughese on 22-04-2010 11:25:41 PM
hi,

can the extension kit for the Precision HD 720P cameras be used with the Precision HD 1080P camera?

I need to extend the Tandberg C40 Camera to about 20 ft.  I know I will need to get a long enough HDMI cable for this but I am wondering if I can use Tanbderg's Extension kit for the camera? Or do I just manufacture the cable myself and add a power supply locally to the camera?

Thanks

Subject: RE: Extension Kit for Precision HD 1080P available?
Replied by: Roger Boe on 26-04-2010 10:16:11 AM
Hi Jeevan

The extension kit for the PrecisionHD 720p camera was a proprietary extension kit which extended THSI (TANDBERG High Speed Interface) and RS-232 over one connection. The PrecisionHD 1080p camera does not support  THSI but only standard HDMI or HD-SDI as output. If you use the extension kit for the old PrecisionHD 720p camera you will only be able to extend the RS-232 connection.

So in short, the answer is no. The kit can not be used with the PrecisionHD 1080p camera.

Best regards
Roger

Replied by: Jeevan Varughese on 26-04-2010 06:20:11 PM
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the clarification. 

In-short, I cannot use the extension kit to extend video and RS-232. 

However, I CAN USE the extension kit to extend RS-232 to the device?  correct?   In this scenario I would use my own supplied HDMI Cable for camera video.

Also, do you know the maximum length for RS-232 to the camera if I manufacture my own cable (DB9 to RJ45)

thanks roger

Replied by: Arif Khan on 30-01-2011 09:24:08 AM
quote=Roger Boe]Hi Jeevan

The extension kit for the PrecisionHD 720p camera was a proprietary extension kit which extended THSI (TANDBERG High Speed Interface) and RS-232 over one connection. The PrecisionHD 1080p camera does not support  THSI but only standard HDMI or HD-SDI as output. If you use the extension kit for the old PrecisionHD 720p camera you will only be able to extend the RS-232 connection.

So in short, the answer is no. The kit can not be used with the PrecisionHD 1080p camera.

Best regards
Roger

Hi Roger,

I am facing the same problem with one of my client used HDMI over UTP converters facing blinking camera issues please suggest if you have any recommended brands to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Arif Khan

Replied by: Roger Boe on 31-01-2011 09:04:38 AM
Hi Arif,

Yes, we have tested a solution from Vaddio specially designed for our cameras with great success. Take a look here: OneLINK

Best regards

Replied by: Paul Watson on 03-02-2011 09:34:55 AM
Hi there,

I'm based in the Uk and am interested in trying out this Onelink box. Is there a dealer based here I can get one from?

Regards

Paul

Replied by: Todd Curry on 03-02-2011 04:04:15 PM
Contact Vaddio at http://www.vaddio.com/contact.php

International Channel Manager:  Sally Blank       sblank@vaddio.com

They have just started shipping the production units; we have tested the unit and it works well!

Todd

Replied by: Paul Watson on 03-02-2011 08:14:00 PM
Thanks Todd. Will do
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links