Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: vahid M on 08-03-2010 03:05:18 PM
Hi All,

In our system we have some pilot points where calls coming from outside will be dispatched to these pilot points first. Then a voice message will be played after which users can dial a number from 1 to 4 and then the system will redirect them to a final soft phone.

I've added a CallControlCallObserver on all my addresses. In my observer I'm catching some events for example (CallCtlTermConnTalkingEv). Then I'll get CiscoCall as below:

CiscoCall ciscoCall = (CiscoCall) ((CiscoCallEv)evlist).getCall();
 Address currentCalledAddress = ciscoCall.getCurrentCalledAddress();
 Address calledAddress = ciscoCall.getCalledAddress();

My problem is none of the above addresses is the address of final called number.Value of the all the addresses are address of pilot point instead of  final soft phone number.

Could anyone help me on this? How can I get the final called number ?

Thank you all

Subject: RE: Final called number is lost
Replied by: David Staudt on 08-03-2010 04:32:26 PM
Is 'pilot point' referring to the UCM hunt pilot feature?  If so, what you describe is a known limitation, and monitoring hunt list targets via TAPI/JTAPI is not supported until UCM 8.0. 

Assuming you are using CTI route points, and redirect(), see the Redirect section of the JTAPI guide, as there are options which control how the calledAddress fields are handled:

Resetting original called¿The called address option parameter gets used to reset the original called
fields. The options for this scenario follow:
¿ CiscoConnection.CALLED_ADDRESS_UNCHANGED
¿ CiscoConnection.CALLED_ADDRESS_SET_TO_REDIRECT_DESTINATION. This option
affects the fields when the call arrives at the redirect destination.

See also the Redirect Set Original Called ID section, where you can set the calledAddress to an arbitrary value.

Subject: RE: New Message from vahid M in Cisco JTAPI (JTAPI) - Cisco JTAPI Questions
Replied by: Joseph Moskie on 09-03-2010 07:47:58 PM
Vahid,

How is the redirect happening from the pilot points to the final DNs? Is
your JTAPI application handling it, or is it happening some other way?

Do you have any logs showing this redirect?

- Joe

Subject: RE: Final called number is lost
Replied by: vahid M on 14-03-2010 01:23:36 PM
Hi Joe,

Sorry for replying a little bit late.

I'm not handling the redirect myself. I have just added an observer to all addresses. My application is just listening to any calls and is interested in just recording the telephone call records. I'm not sure if a redirect is happening. Since the addministration of the system is not by me, I'm guessing that they have used a script file on a cisco gateway probably (accessServer5350) then a tcl script like below will decide what should happen.

e.g.
destination -pattern pilotnumber
session target ipv4:callManagerIp

Interestingly all the information passed to my observer contains calledNumber of the pilotPoint not the final calledpartyNumber
BUT
If you check the CDR records it contains the finalCalledPartyInfo

Cheers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links