Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Mitsuo Umemura on 13-12-2013 03:29:34 AM
I could't found description about precision queue in Developer guide.
And I checked API of "Get Queue List for User", but it is not work (could not retrieve percition queue information).
How can I get precision queue information using Finesse API?

Subject: RE: New Message from Mitsuo Umemura in Finesse - General Questions: Finesse
Replied by: David Lender on 13-12-2013 09:02:19 AM
The Finesse API does not support precision queues.

Subject: RE: Finesse support precision queue?
Replied by: Joseph Horvath on 13-12-2013 09:04:25 AM
The Finesse REST API used to obtain a list of Queues for a User, named "Get Queue List For User" does work. I have tested it and used it many times.

The Finesse JavaScript wrapper for the REST API seems to not support this. I'll look into it if I get some time.

Subject: RE: New Message from Mitsuo Umemura in Finesse - General Questions: Finesse
Replied by: Gary Olmsted on 13-12-2013 10:38:08 AM
The REST API for getting the list of Queues for a User does work with Precision Queues.  *However* there is something about Precision Queues that may make it seem like it doesn't work.  Static Queues (i.e. Skill Groups) are provided to Finesse whether an Agent is logged in or not.  So, when you get a list of Queues, it will *always* contain the static Queues (Skill Groups).   Precision Queues are special.  Precision Queue membership is very dynamic in nature.  They are moved in and out of them based on their attributes (as you probably know).  There is one more "trick" to them.  An Agent is moved out of a Precision Queue when they log out.  So, when a User is logged out, their list will only contain the static Queues (Skill Groups) and *not* any Precision Queues that may match their attributes. 

Subject: RE: Finesse support precision queue?
Replied by: Mitsuo Umemura on 15-12-2013 11:47:05 PM
David, Joseph and Gary,
Thank you very much for your answer.
I checked again and I confirm the list of Queue does work about precision queue.

David,
You said that "The REST API for getting the list of Queues for a User does work with Precision Queues". Is this as designed as a product?

Thanks,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links