Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Pedro Rego on 12-03-2013 11:59:56 AM
We have nearly 60 msg on a Vxml Application loaded direct on Tomcat Cisco built in. We dont have a Media Server.
We need only 10 messages can be dynamically.

On old brand plataform on customer we have a shared folder on network, the customer execute a simple copy of a new audio file. After that, the audio file is reload automaticaly on IVR system.

Is possible implement something like this on Cisco enviroment?

I try forcing an audio item in the VXML Gateway Cache to be refreshed using a VXML Application - set the VXML Property 'audiomaxage' to '0' and speak a URI from the app.

But didnt work as expected, the new audio content cannot load.

1 - Is mandatory use a commnads on VXML Gateway?

2 - The commands on gateway should be used all times, when we need reload a unique message?

3 - We have a way on to use the commands on VXMLGateway one time, after that, it is possible try a something control directly on VXML application?

4 - Could you explain better if is possible the "STALE" command on audio files on gateway its only works IIS or can be possible use a Tomcat?

Subject: RE: Forcing an audio item in the VXML Gateway Cache to be refreshed using a
Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 13-03-2013 04:51:19 AM
Yes, this is possible.
1) Its is possible to force the vxml gateway not to use the cached version of the file.
I do this on CVP support application we use to tests the current status of the media servers (and other parts of UCCE).
I.e. if the file is cached and the VXML Gateway does not send a HTTP request to the Media Server you do not know if the media servers are actually working or not.
IN the CVP Studio Application for a single Audio Element I need NOT to cache, I set the two VXML properties
audiomaxage:0
caching:safe
(Caching: safe was for VXML 1.0)
When this audio is played, the VXML Gateway always queries the Web Server for the Media File.
However if the file that is uploaded on the media server has not been modified (or if its creation date is older than the one that is cached), the VXML gateway will NOT download the file.
I would therfore not use the above approach I would do teh following:
1) Use IIS as your Media server
2) Set the Expire Caching for the media server folder to be 10 minutes (so max lenth of time for any audio file before VXML Gateway queries IIS for audio file is 10 minutes. Notice this is a Conditional get, and the VXML Gateway will still not redownload the file if it has not changed, so its not high traffic volume.
3) Always make sure thay any new prompts you upload to replace old prompts have a modefiied date LATER than the existing ones.
4) If audio files do NOT have a later modified date later than the existing files, use the a program such as as modified date 2.0 to change the modified date
http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/
You could automate this very easily using a batch file.
1) Use batch file to bulk update modified date on audio files by passing files through SOX (which can also convert audio files if required
I use sox a audio command line tool pass through audio files. You can see a example bulk batch file located here:
http://orourke.tv/web/doku.php?id=general:scripts:convert-to-ulaw
2) use a sheduled task to run batch files and copy files up to IIS folder (which could have a sheared network folder, so batch file could copy files up)
hope this helps.
Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links