Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Scott Rowan on 22-12-2012 04:44:21 AM
The Gadget at [http://developer.cisco.com/web/webexsocial-developer/who-i-m-following-app] (People I am following Gadget), is getting the error, "Unable to retrieve consumer key",  when added to a WXS View (see FULL ERROR TEXT below). I can't find a solution for it. Authentication (same Consumer Key and Secret) works for other Gadgets, but this Gadget uses a POST method via a POP UP message to authenticate the Gadget, so it's testing additional functionality. I have seen other forums, LifeRay for example, which have had this problem, and it was thought to be (but not confirmed)  a bug in the Open Social API. 

FULL ERROR TEXT
Error occurred!

Something went wrong: Unable to retrieve consumer key ==== Original request: GET /quadopen/api/rest/users/@me?nocache=22602347 Host: localhost X-Shindig-AuthType: oauth Accept: application/json X-Forwarded-For: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 X-shindig-dos: on ====

Subject: RE: Gadget Unable to Retrieve Consumer Key
Replied by: Adrienne Moherek on 08-05-2013 12:55:33 PM
Hi Scott,

Each gadget must have its own consumer key and secret. You will need to generate a new consumer key and secret and try again.

Thanks,
Adrienne
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links