Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Werner Oertig on 23-09-2009 09:12:02 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to get the state of a button on a CISCO Phone (e.g. 796x). For example if the headset button is pressed, or not.
I know how I can press the button with an application, but did not find a way to get the current state of it.

Werner

Subject: RE: Getting the state of a phone button
Replied by: David Staudt on 23-09-2009 01:33:47 PM
Currently it is not possible to get this information programmatically.

Replied by: Stephan Steiner on 29-09-2009 06:09:02 PM
We lost an interesting opportunity because this wasn't possible earlier this year The local Cisco team had an idea on how to improve certain things in a call center setup that was put in place (and we're one of the few partners not only installing but also writing third party apps) but we needed to have the status of the headset button (well.. not really the status of the button but whether the headset mode is active or not).

Replied by: David Staudt on 29-09-2009 08:16:59 PM
If you would like to forward details about the opportunity, the phone PM was interested in taking a look for possible consideration as an enhancement: dstaudt@cisco.com
Comments
nbrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I know this post is old but. Is this possible now? If yes, with which version?

Greetings,
Natascha

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

no it is possible.

nbrell
Level 1
Level 1

No it IS, or no it is NOT?

Thanks =)

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

sorry.

no it is NOT.

we don't have any JTAPI interfaces to get this info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links