Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Benjamin Sleep on 30-07-2010 04:22:39 PM
What specific HDMI version does the C20 codec  / HD Precision 1080p Camera use ?

Thanks.

Subject: RE: HDMI version from C20
Replied by: Jonas Tysso on 04-08-2010 10:49:22 AM
Hi Benjamin

They are HDMI 1.3 compliant, but we don't support several parts of the specification that are not relevant for videoconferencing.

Just out of curiousity, why do you ask?

Cheers,

Jonas

Subject: RE: HDMI version from C20
Replied by: Benjamin Sleep on 04-08-2010 03:51:35 PM
Hi Jonas,

Thank you for the reply.  I had a very detailed question stating why before, but it went unreplied to for days so I deleted it and simplified my question.  So since you asked now, I will give a little background as to why I asked this.

My company VitelNet, makes telemedicine video conferencing software.  We are currently in development of an upgraded version that incorporates Tandberg cameras/codecs, initially the C20 to be as cost effective for our clients as possible.  I have completed this development using the XML service with a separate monitor attached to the codec.

However, a nice feature of our software has always been the ability to display a video conferencing window from within our application and on the same monitor as our application (reducing the overall cost of the product.)..  We have begun intial development of this and are trying to identify video capture cards that can take the video stream output from the codec to enable us to produce a video window.

The first couple lower cost cards we tried seemed to be incompatible with the HDMI version coming from the codec.  We took an educated guess that it was HDMI v1.3 coming from the codec, but since I could not locate this specification anywhere in Tandberg documentation nor in the forum, I asked the question in order to get a definitive answer.

Thank you again for your reply and answer.

Ben
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links