Announcements

Holding a Call and Need to play user defined wav file to that call

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: SATISH ALBERT on 11-11-2009 03:32:12 AM
Hi,

I had place a call to destination address.
I hold that call using the below method

CallControlTerminalConnection.hold();
I need to play my desired wav file other than default MOH wav to this destination address.
How I need to configure my desired wav file as MOH and this should be only used to my application.

My CCM is 6.1

Thanks In Advance,
Thiyagu.

Subject: RE: Holding a Call and Need to play user defined wav file to that call
Replied by: David Staudt on 11-11-2009 04:55:34 AM
I believe a MoH source is assigned to a device via the CCMAdmin phone web pages.  Is one of the parties on the call a CTI port under your app's control?  If so, you may be able to configure a unique MoH source, and assign it to the CTI port in the phone config pages.

If this is a call between two Cisco phones, or a phone and a gateway/external address, then you will not be able to dynamically substitute a new MoH source - the pre-existing configured MoH will be used.  In this case, the application can - instead of performing an actual hold - redirect the call temporarily to a CTI port under the app's control, and then use the RTP streaming facilities to stream a custom audio message to the listener.  When the call needs to be 'unheld' the call can be redirected back to the original phone.

More details about the environment and call flow may be helpful.

Replied by: SATISH ALBERT on 11-11-2009 08:23:50 AM
I believe a MoH source is assigned to a device via the CCMAdmin phone web pages.  Is one of the parties on the call a CTI port under your app's control?  If so, you may be able to configure a unique MoH source, and assign it to the CTI port in the phone config pages.

If this is a call between two Cisco phones, or a phone and a gateway/external address, then you will not be able to dynamically substitute a new MoH source - the pre-existing configured MoH will be used.  In this case, the application can - instead of performing an actual hold - redirect the call temporarily to a CTI port under the app's control, and then use the RTP streaming facilities to stream a custom audio message to the listener.  When the call needs to be 'unheld' the call can be redirected back to the original phone.

More details about the environment and call flow may be helpful.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.
The below were my environment and call flow scenario,

Preconfiguration which I did at CCM 6.1
a. Uploaded my desired wav file and configured as MOH.
b. Assigned this MOH for both the below CTI ports.
eg. 1008CTI and 1009CTI.

Call Flow,
1. Registered both the CTI ports and got the MediaAddress for the both.
2. Added each separate CallObserver/CallControlObserver for both the CTI port's media address.
3. Made the below calls with interval of 30 secs
    Call1 - 1008CTI to 7101
    Call2 - 1009CTI to 7121
4. From the both CallObserver I got CallCtlConnEstablishedEv when 7101 and 7121 answered with 30 secs interval respectively.
5. At each observer I made the call as hold once it is getting answered using CallControlTerminalConnection.hold().
6. But the problem is 7101 is getting played freshly with my MOH but 7121 is getting played from the continuation session of 7101.
   The MOH playing is sync with both 7101 and 7121.

But I need my MOH should play independently with each CTI calls and should starts playing the MOH from the begining
as freshly for every CTI ports call..

* I tried with check and uncheck multicast option for this MOH in Cisco admin page.
  No use. I experince the same as above.

Thanks
 Thiyagu.

Replied by: Bruno Rosenberger on 06-01-2011 01:03:41 PM
Hi Satish

Did you figure out how you can play your MoHs independently? Maybe one must configure several Music On Hold Audio Sources with CCMAdmin, which point to the same MOH Audio File. Then configure several CTI Ports with each having a different MOH Source. Then use these CTI Ports in a round robin manner.
Or what solution have you found? I need to implement a similar case.

Replied by: Stefania Oliviero on 16-01-2012 04:40:41 AM

I David, can you give me more details about RTP streaming facilities to stream a custom audio message to the listener ?
I have to play a custom audio message from a CTI Port to the caller, because my client needs to register  calls when they are queued on a  CTI Port and if I use MOH CUCM source, stream I would record only MOH, while I have to record audio from caller.
My application redirect incoming calls from a CTU Route Point to a CTI ports, than I have to stream an RTP steam to the caller, while he's waiting an operator to pickup the call.

Thanks, Stefania.
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad