Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jasper Marcelo on 29-09-2009 10:44:28 PM
Hi,

I have an action element that calls a Java class. I'm wondering if there is a way that when my java catches an exception I can send the call flow directly to an Hotevent.

Or in other words is there a way I can force a Hotevent in Java?

Please let me know if this is possible and how to do it.

Thanks,
Jasper

Subject: RE: Hotevent
Replied by: Janine Graves on 30-09-2009 12:18:48 AM
A HotEvent is really just a VXML <catch event="eventName"> tag which catches VXML events. So, to force a HotEvent to execute, then you would have to 'throw" an event. Only the VXML Gateway can 'throw' an event. So, your Java code can't accomplish this.

What I'd suggest is that you code your action as a Decision element instead of as an Action element, and create 2 (or more) exit states (example, 'done','error').

If you catch a Java Exception (for example, surround your code with a Java try/catch) then have the Java code  tell VXML Server to exit down the error path of the element (return "error";). Then in your Studio application, manually connect the 'error' exit state to the code you want to execute to handle that Java exception. 

Janine
www.TrainingTheExperts.com

Replied by: Jasper Marcelo on 30-09-2009 03:37:38 PM
Thanks! :-)

Replied by: ahm gawad on 27-10-2010 12:43:18 PM
hi;
can i throw an event using tcl ( leg vxmlsend ) to the vxml leg in non hybrid applications

thanks in advance.

A HotEvent is really just a VXML <catch event="eventName"> tag which catches VXML events. So, to force a HotEvent to execute, then you would have to 'throw" an event. Only the VXML Gateway can 'throw' an event. So, your Java code can't accomplish this.

What I'd suggest is that you code your action as a Decision element instead of as an Action element, and create 2 (or more) exit states (example, 'done','error').

If you catch a Java Exception (for example, surround your code with a Java try/catch) then have the Java code  tell VXML Server to exit down the error path of the element (return "error";). Then in your Studio application, manually connect the 'error' exit state to the code you want to execute to handle that Java exception. 

Janine
www.TrainingTheExperts.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links