Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dipika Gupta on 23-08-2013 03:13:23 AM
Hi guys ,

I want to know how can I clear the Type-ahead buffer in my callstudio script. I have a menu and then another digits node to take entry for a PIN . But if in menu caller presses 11 instead of 1 , the other 1 gets stored in Type-ahead buffer and is also counted while I am entering the digits entry .
I want to clear the type-ahead buffer before I proceed to digits element.
I went through the Cisco VoiceXML Programmer’s Guide which says  "The VoiceXML specification does not provide information on explicit control over the type-ahead buffer. The type-ahead buffer is always enabled when a call comes in."

I also tried setting the VXML Property com.cisco.autoflush to true and com.cisco.typeaheadflush/cisco-typeaheadflush to true in the digits element in call studio .Snapshots of both settings attached below. But nothing worked

Can you please suggest how can I clear the type-ahead buffer ?

Subject: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-08-2013 10:01:48 AM
Dipika,
I have found no way to "clear" the DTMF buffer when using the DTMF-Only
gateway.  Perhaps Paul knows a way!

But, you  can de-select BargeIn on the next set of audio prompts and
Initial Audio Group of the next  prompt that collects caller input, so
that the caller will hear it regardless of whether they've entered 11 at
the menu. This will 'effectively' clear the dtmf buffer. BUT, it's at
the expense of the caller not being able to 'barge-in' at the next prompt.

Subject: RE: New Message from Janine Graves in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - A
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 23-08-2013 10:43:48 AM
On other way would be to have a menu or form right after this with 1s no input timeout and noinput and nomatch going to next element.  In the form have maxnoinput and nomatch set to 1. Also have a silence audio.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 10:02 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Janine Graves in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - All Versions: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al

Janine Graves has created a new message in the forum "CVP - All Versions": -------------------------------------------------------------- Dipika,
I have found no way to "clear" the DTMF buffer when using the DTMF-Only
gateway. Perhaps Paul knows a way!

But, you can de-select BargeIn on the next set of audio prompts and
Initial Audio Group of the next prompt that collects caller input, so
that the caller will hear it regardless of whether they've entered 11 at
the menu. This will 'effectively' clear the dtmf buffer. BUT, it's at
the expense of the caller not being able to 'barge-in' at the next prompt.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/18545332 or simply reply to this email.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Paul Tindall on 23-08-2013 01:07:16 PM
You can set the proprietary attribute cisco-typeaheadflush to true on a prompt element.  It flushes the DTMF buffer when the audio has finished playing.  Unfortunately, to set the attribute you have to either insert a bit of your own VoiceXML with a prompt in it or use the setProprietaryAttrribute method in a custom voice element.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 24-08-2013 10:25:23 AM
Thanks Paul . So I have to build a custom element for this . I thought I could just set the  cisco-typeaheadflush to true in the existing audio/menu prompt and it would work . So if this VXML property cant be set from existing element then is this a flaw in Call studio 8.5 ?

Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 24-08-2013 10:28:49 AM
Thanks Hemal . I guess this is an easy workaround when working with call studio. But I was able to flush the Type-ahead buffer from ICM script , making config in Network VRU script PM microapp in config manager  , setting Type-ahead flush to Y . 

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 25-08-2013 05:06:20 AM
Cisco-typeaheadflush isn't a VoiceXML property, it's a Cisco proprietary attribute that can be applied to the prompt element.   Call Studio avoids exposing proprietary VoiceXML functionality but it does provide you with the ability to use it if necessary via custom voice elements; a method is available for ypu to add any attribute whatsoever.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links