cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

How to find and terminate inactive sessions?

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Voiceops SSC on 14-12-2009 04:58:27 PM
Hi,

If a user tries to close CTIOS Agent Desktop, while logged in, a message box is displayed warning him that he shouldn't close the application, but he can click ok and close the app anyway. In that case he is not logged out of the server and will not be able to log back in.

How can I handle that scenario? Is there a way I can tell the CTIOS server to kill inactive sessions? If so, how to know when a session is inactive?

Thanks.

Subject: RE: New Message from Voiceops SSC in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: David Lender on 14-12-2009 06:19:10 PM
Have you tried changing the configuration of RejectIfAlreadyLoggedIn?

Since you are using the out of box CTIOS Agent desktop rather than a
custom application, you should open a TAC case against the CTIOS Agent
Desktop product for this issue.  They can help you using commands to
find and terminate inactive sessions.  There is no API for this.

If you  write your own application, you can automatically log out the
agent in your custom application when the agent closes your app.

Subject: RE: New Message from Voiceops SSC in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Voiceops SSC on 14-12-2009 08:17:11 PM

Actually, some of my users use the out of the box CTIOS client and some use a custom application we are writing. Problem with custom application is that I can log them out if they just close it, but I cannot do it if the kill the application by pressing ctrl+alt+del. And there is nothing that prevents them from using ctrl+alt+del

I will see whether changing the RejectIfAlreadyLoggedIn policy is feasible. It could solve the problem with both the CTIOS client and custom app.

Thanks.

Replied by: Voiceops SSC on 15-12-2009 04:48:38 AM
David,

RejectIfAlreadyLoggedIn is set to 1 on my CtiOs server. As soon as I call SetAgent, before I even call the login method (which I do in OnSetAgentMode event) I get error: "Agent with ID xxxx is already logged in. To use this agent ID, please log out first or ask an Administrator for help". Therefore, I cannot even set the agent and see whether he is already logged in, as suggested in section "how to handle duplicate log in attempts" of the developers guide (version 6.0).

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Replied by: David Lender on 15-12-2009 02:09:10 PM
You are using RejectIfAlreadyLoggedIn.  If you want to allow and check
yourself, set RejectIfAlreadyLoggedIn to 0.
CreatePlease to create content