Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Juerg Ott on 02-07-2013 11:27:02 AM
Hello,

i need to modify the Calling Search Space for a SIP Line.

In ccmadmin i can go to Device -> Phone -> select the Phone -> select the line 
then under Directory Number Settings i see the Calling Search Space.

but how can i get and set this with AXL?

thanks for any Help!
Comments
gery_petrova
Level 5
Level 5

Has there been a solution to this question? I am trying to find the same information.

Thanks!

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can modify the CSS with updatePhone.  Here's a snippet of the XML tags for updatePhone:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.5">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<ns:updatePhone sequence="?">

<!--You have a CHOICE of the next 2 items at this level-->

<name>?</name>

<uuid>?</uuid>

<!--Optional:-->

<newName>?</newName>

<description>?</description>

<callingSearchSpaceName uuid="?">?</callingSearchSpaceName>

getPhone will return the CSS.

gery_petrova
Level 5
Level 5

Sure, this works for the phone -  I was wondering about the CSS on the line itself under Directory Number Settings. I was able to use updateLine for one of my phones but it did not work for another one. Not sure if it was because it had a shared line I was trying to update or if there was another reason. I got it to work with executeSQLUpdate but didn't want to resort to that.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

gery_petrova
Level 5
Level 5

It looks like I need to use shareLineAppearanceCssName to update the CSS on the line using updateLine. That did the trick.

But now I am having difficulty updating the display, displayAscii and label on the phone line using the same method (updateLine). I am on CUCM 10.5.1-10000-7.

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It works for getLine and updateLine, too.  But the tag is different. The tag is "shareLineAppearanceCssName".

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ha!  You beat me to it. (see above response that I just posted.) 

What difficulty are you having with the Ascii and label?  Did you notice this from the help page?  Setting applies only to the current device unless you check the check box at right (Update Shared Device Settings) and click the Propagate Selected button. (The check box at right displays only if other devices share this directory number.)

gery_petrova
Level 5
Level 5

Hehe! I actually followed your previous advice to set the CSS in the UI and then look at the tag.

Regarding the display - I hadn't seen the explanation from the help page, so thank you for that. But now that I tried using a non-shared line, I still can't seem to update the display settings. The request does not fail but on getLine I see no new data and in the UI it is not updated. I have it working on CUCM 9.1.1 but I might be missing something on 10.5.1.

gery_petrova
Level 5
Level 5

I think I got it.

I was able to do it using updatePhone. I had to specify the line information and index as well as the dirn pattern and routePartitionName (since that was set in the UI). Without the routePartitionName, the directory number could not be found. Then it was easy to set the display, displayAscii and label.

Thanks Nick!

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My pleasure!  I'm glad you got it working (one way or another).  Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links