cancel

How to implement the "Cisco:CallRecording" registration

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Damian Nardelli on 01-02-2010 12:54:04 AM
Hello,

I need to record the calls (only audio). I know I can start the recording by using the CIL SDK, but I read I need an application registered as a "Cisco:CallRecording" service, based on "CTI Server Message Reference Guide (Protocol Version 13)" document.

I wanted to know if there is a SDK available to use for this or if I have to develop my own logic to connect and send messages to the CTI Server. If so, should I connect to the CTI Server (tcp socket) and then send those messages in binary format?

Thanks in advance.
Damian N.

Subject: RE: New Message from Damian Nardelli in CTI Server Protocol (GED-188) - CTI
Replied by: David Lender on 01-02-2010 02:54:55 PM
There is no SDK for CTI Server protocol.  It is a socket based message
protocol.  Yes you connect the the CTI Server and send and receive the
messages per the protocol specification.
Note that registering as a Cisco:CallRecording service does not actually
start recordings, it simply notifies your recording application that it
needs to start a recording.  The actual recording needs to be done by
your application.

Subject: RE: New Message from Damian Nardelli in CTI Server Protocol (GED-188) - CTI
Replied by: Damian Nardelli on 27-02-2010 07:51:56 AM
Hi.

Once my module (let's say X) gets registered against the Cti Server in order to record calls from server side:

a) will the RTP packets arrive to X?
b) will the RTP packets arrive from the Client application (Agent), or actually, it will receive the RTP packets from the Cti Server?
c) may we use the monitoring session from Cisco CIL (.NET) in order to invoke the StartRecord method?

Regards
Damian N.

Replied by: David Lender on 01-03-2010 02:20:58 PM
a) You do not get RTP packets from ICM/CTI Server.  Only RTP Start and
stop *notifications*.    It is up to your application to capture RTP
packets.
-ICM/CCE will provide necessary information in CTI Event message for
recorder to locate call, such as
*-trunk info (when provided by 3rd party ACDs, or Cisco gateways through
ICM)
*-IP address of end point (for SPAN-based monitoring)
*-Agent device id (for UCM 6.0 monitoring)
b) see a
c) monitoring session?  If you mean silent monitoring that has nothing
to do with recording.  The Start Record method is invoked by the CTIOS
client to send the start record method to CTI Server which forwards it
to the recording app.

Replied by: Damian Nardelli on 03-03-2010 05:08:21 PM
Hello David,

Thanks for your support.
  About the "Trunk Info" solution that you mentioned.

Basically, we'd have to configure a "SIP Trunk" between some Cisco Component (which one?) and our recorder application. a) right?

Then, when we need to record some extension (let's say A), we make a "conference" with A. Then we should start receiving RTP packets from an Audio Gateway regarding A. b) right?

The fact of establishing a "SIP Trunk" is to avoid registering a bunch of extensions with some Cisco Component (which one?) to be able to record the productive extensions (I mean with "productive" the real extensions that are being used by a real call between an Agent and a Customer). c) right?

The RTP packets will arrive to the port that was informed in the "conference" operation. I mean, I think that when you are using SIP you send an INVITE message (SIP) with the information where you will receive RTPs (SDP). d) Is this the same for this "conference" stuff?

Thanks in advance.
Regards!
Damian N.
CreatePlease to create content