Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Breno Lucena on 20-12-2011 06:54:58 AM
Hello Guys,

I need to develop an extension mobility service application to lock outbound calls on a "IP Phone".

Does anyone has useful information or a sample, or either, experienced this problem that could be able to share with us?

I´ll be glad to hear from you.

Regards.

Breno Lucena

Subject: RE: How to lock an IP Phone using a Extension Mobility Service?
Replied by: David Staudt on 20-12-2011 11:36:02 AM
From your description, this sounds like basic Extension Mobility functionality as-is, no app required:

- Configure a phone to enable E/M
- Configure the base device profile (not logged in) with a Calling Search Space that is allowed to dial only 911 and the operator (for example)
- When a user logs into E/M, the CSS will change to that of the logged in user (e.g. allow outbound calls)

Replied by: Breno Lucena on 20-12-2011 12:34:03 PM
Hi David,

It's true, it is the default Extension Mobility Applicability.

We tried to sell it to the customer!!

Unfortunately, he has requested a feature that allows a logged user to lock/unlock his "Cisco IP Phone" using a PIN Number.

I've been researching for more information, but I'm stuck in the middle of the dozen APIs available.

I'll appreciate any information that guides me through my Cisco Development first steps.

Regards.

Breno P. Lucena

Replied by: David Staudt on 20-12-2011 12:58:21 PM
You can create an IP phone service for the phone that utilizes the AXL provisioning API to make this work.

- Create an IP Phone Service where the user can use the phone  UI to request lock or unlock from the backend web service
- This web service could use the AXL request <getPhone> to retrieve the current Calling Search Space settings for the device, and save it
- Then use AXL <updatePhone> to modify the Calling Search Space to a more restrictive one.
- When the user requests an unlock, the reverse steps can be followed, restoring the saved CSS via <updatePhone>

http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/docs
http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/docs

Replied by: Breno Lucena on 21-12-2011 09:29:57 AM
Hello David,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your reply!

My new challenge is discover how to implement it in .NET C#.  cold

Best Regards.

Breno P. Lucena

Replied by: Breno Lucena on 30-01-2012 11:32:30 AM
David,

A "Calling Search Space" associated with a device profile overrides a "Calling Search Space" associated to a Line?

Regards.

Breno Lucena

Subject: Re: New Message from Breno Lucena in Extension Mobility API (EMAPI) - Exten
Replied by: Sascha Monteiro on 30-01-2012 03:40:41 PM
no, line and device css are concatenated, and depending on how the systems is setup (traditional or device/line) you might want to change the line css instead of device css

it's good to understand how your environment is setup, the SRND has a good chapter on it;
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html#wp1150926

regards
Sascha

Replied by: Simon Machielse on 31-01-2012 03:07:48 AM
or you can use an ExtensionMobility single-sign-on solution like ALM. where a user loggs off his phone simultaniously with the PC.

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Breno Lucena in Extension Mobility API (EMAPI) - E
Replied by: Breno Lucena on 01-02-2012 06:10:02 AM
Hi Sascha,

Thanks for your reply.

I double checked the customer´s environment and the CSS is associated to the Line.

Thank you again.

Regards.

Breno Lucena

no, line and device css are concatenated, and depending on how the systems is setup (traditional or device/line) you might want to change the line css instead of device css

it's good to understand how your environment is setup, the SRND has a good chapter on it;
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html#wp1150926

regards
Sascha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links