Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Zdravko Zdravkov on 01-07-2010 02:08:34 PM
Hi,
I have a simple script that plays message when call comes. It works fine. Unfortunatelly in case the VoIP SP neogotietes G711 Alaw  the script is mute. I tried to implement transcoder and to change the au file to G711 A-law format with Cool Edit but without success.
Please help.

Subject: RE: How to play G711 A-law prompt with tcl script.
Replied by: Anusha Kannappan on 02-07-2010 11:38:26 AM
Hi Zdravko,

Could you please let us know where exactly your application was loaded in the working condition and not working conditions. Since there are chances of hearing the audio propmt in the POTs leg but not in the VOIP leg. Please make sure the 'codec g711alaw' has been configured under the particular dial-peer.

Thanks,
Anusha

Subject: RE: How to play G711 A-law prompt with tcl script.
Replied by: srikanth satturi on 18-08-2010 06:16:58 PM
Hi,
I have a simple script that plays message when call comes. It works fine. Unfortunatelly in case the VoIP SP neogotietes G711 Alaw  the script is mute. I tried to implement transcoder and to change the au file to G711 A-law format with Cool Edit but without success.
Please help.

Hi,
Make sure that sampling rate is 8000k with 8 bits per second. You can view codec information when you are playing the audiofile using VLC player.

Thnx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links