Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Richard Smith on 14-02-2011 08:50:08 PM
I would like to schedule a point to point call between two endpoint within TMS using the API. The example code in the API guide requires a MCU in order to schedule the call. I assume this is because it is attempting to schedule a call in which the MCU will be needed to dial out to both participants. What I would like to do is schedule two endpoints and have endpoint one call endpoint two. My understanding is that I will have to modify the ParticipantCallType.

Please advise. Thank you!

Below is the code I am currently using:

1  Conference conference = bookingService.GetDefaultConference();
 3            //conference.IPBandwidth = Bandwidth.Item32b2048kbps;
 4            conference.Bandwidth = Bandwidth.Item12b768kbps;
 5            // Create an array of participants
 6            Participant[] participants = new Participant[2];
 7            // Create the elements of the array (the actual participants)
 8            participants[0] = new Participant();
 9            participants[0].ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.SIP1;//.IPVideo1; // Dial-out video
10            participants[0].NameOrNumber = "64.54.246.152"; //"tmpilot1@ucsf.edu";// "64.54.246.152";
11            participants[1] = new Participant();
12            participants[1].ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.SIP1;//.IPVideo1; // Dial-out video
13            participants[1].NameOrNumber = "64.54.246.122"; //"TM-EX90-DEMO"; // "64.54.246.122";
14            // Add the participants to the conference.
15            conference.Participants = participants;
17            // Save the conference, saving the returned conference (where all values are now specified)
18            try
19            {
20                conference = bookingService.SaveConference(conference);
21                // Output information about the conference.
22                TextBox1.Text += conference.ConferenceInfoText + "\n";
23                TextBox1.Text += conference.UserMessageText + "\n";
24                TextBox1.Text += conference.ConferenceId + "\n";
25            }
26            catch (SoapException e)
27            {
28                TextBox1.Text = e.Message.ToString(); ;
29            }

Subject: RE: How to schedule a point to point conference using the API
Replied by: Torgeir Johansen on 15-02-2011 02:47:36 PM
Richard,

Are you trying to schedule a call between two endpoints in TMS, or between an endpoint in TMS and a dial in /dial out, or just between two endpoints (not in TMS) ? The latter is not possible using the API.

There are a number of ways you can schedule an endpoint in TMS, but the common denominator is that at least one system must be registered in TMS, and at least one participant must be of ParticipantType.TMS:

1. To create a dial in to the TMS system given by id 583:
Parts[0] = new Participant() { ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.SIP, NameOrNumber = "torgeir.johansen@tandberg.com" };
Parts[1] = new Participant { ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.TMS, ParticipantId = 583 };

2. to create a dial out from the TMS system given by id 583:
Parts[0] = new Participant() { ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.SIP1, NameOrNumber = "torgeir.johansen@tandberg.com" };
Parts[1] = new Participant { ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.TMS, ParticipantId = 583 };

3. To make TMS create the route between two TMS endpoints:
Parts[0] = new Participant() { ParticipantCallType = ParticipantType.TMS, ParticipantId = 585 };

since the API does not know the route (it is delegated to TMS to figure out the route) the example in 3. will succeed or fail given there exists a route (or fallback to using  a MCU bridge) between the participants as given by the IDs.

Did this answer your question ?

Regards,

Torgeir Johansn
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links