Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Roland Russwurm on 16-11-2009 09:22:27 AM
Hi,

I want to do the login/logout of a phone from a hunt group by an application but if I use AXL to set the hlogStatus to on or off it is not applied immediately. I have to do a restart of the phone which is annoying since we would need to do this more dynamically.

If you use the login/logout button directly on the phone this is very fast and does not require a restart.

Do you see any other possibility to accomplish this?

I also checked JTAPI documentation but couldn't find any hunt group related features there.

Thanks
Stefan

Subject: RE: Hunt Group login/logout
Replied by: David Staudt on 16-11-2009 04:11:35 PM
The Hunt login/out is triggered by a SCCP message from the phone, which  is handled by UCM call processing to update the dynamic status of the hung list.  It looks like just changing the value in devicehlogdynamic in the DB does not trigger the changes in call processing.

AFAIK there is no way to do this programmatically.  If you have a compelling business case for this feature, let us know.

Replied by: Dan-Anders Hook on 16-11-2009 04:33:09 PM
Hi,

I have implemented this and I did a doDeviceReset with isHardReset set to false immediately after changing hlog status in the devicehlogdynamic table. The restart is quick and my experience is that the users seldom notice it.

Kind regards

//Dan

Replied by: MARCUS STOLZENBERG on 16-11-2009 09:19:38 PM
Hi,

I agree to Dan's solution. It works. I uses this combination (with reset ishard to false) since years.

Best Regards,
Marcus

Replied by: Roland Russwurm on 17-11-2009 06:43:15 PM
Hi,

yes I tested the device "soft" reset as well and it works but I wanted to use it to logout agents temporary after each call for call post processing time (e.g. for 30 seconds).

In this case 2 "soft" resets with about 3 seconds is annoying and phone un-/registering on CUCM generates additional load which may produce further problems when doing this for many agents.

Regards
Stefan

Replied by: Florian Kroessbacher on 17-11-2009 07:29:35 PM
Hy

there is some nice Open Source Tool doing that

look here

http://www.myvoipsource.org/tools/hunt-group/

we are using it, and it's very nice because it takes the Description out of the Huntlist and put it to the Linetext Label

Not logged in -> Test

logged in to the Huntlist (Description ist Heldesk)

logged -> Test (Helpdesk)

cheers Florian Kroessbacher

Replied by: Roland Russwurm on 18-11-2009 08:00:00 AM
Hi,

thanks for the comment but this open source tool uses the same procedure. Actually programming this is not our problem but the dynamic behaviour and the scalability is a big issue.

The solution should be provided for an environment with >1000 agents.

The workflow for an agent should be:

*) Login to hunt group in the morning (must be tracked by our application which can be done by an XML service)

*) Incoming calls are tracked by monitoring the agents line using JTAPI
*) on every call disconnect the agents phone should be logged out from the hunt group temporarily and automatically
*) after a configurable time (e.g. 30 seconds) the agents phone is automatically logged in again

*) When leaving the desk the agent manually logs out using an XML service (again tracked by our application)

A solution with CTI-Route Points is not possible since call routing should still work if the application fails.

Regards
Stefan

Replied by: Dan-Anders Hook on 24-11-2009 04:34:48 PM
Hi,

I would probably think twice before doing this myself, but I guess one solution could be changing the members in the Line Group. The table linegroupnumplanmap describes the members and their selection order (the order in which they are listed in ccmadmin). Not sure how this would affect hunting if longest idle is used, but I think that CUCM keeps tracks of that in some other way so it might just work. It might also require a reset on the hunt list. As said, I would probably think twice and it might not be a scalable solution but I wanted to mention it anyway :-)

Cheers,

//Dan

Replied by: Florian Kroessbacher on 01-10-2010 01:30:27 PM
Hy Out Threre,

the Tool is changing the Device LineText Label for the specified Line on CuCM. So the Reset comes from CuCM
because there is a Line change and so CuCM restarts the Phone

cheers Floh

Replied by: Florian Kroessbacher on 01-10-2010 01:43:00 PM
With the myframework it should work like this

For a Hard Reset:

AXLdoDeviceResetRequest myAXLrequest= new AXLdoDeviceResetRequest(AXLserver,AXLadmin,AXLpwd,deviceName,true);
String result = myAXLrequest.sendGeneralRequest();
myAXLrequest=null;

AXLdoDeviceResetRequest(java.lang.String AXLserver,
                               java.lang.String AXLserverAdmin,
                               java.lang.String AXLserverPwd,
                               java.lang.String deviceName,
                               java.lang.String isHardReset)
isHardReset - if true it will perform a reset of the phone; if false it will perform a restart

There are all the java files within the myframework.jar so you can take a look to the java code

I think you haven't to do a second device Reset because the CuCM Restarts the phone anytime there is a change on the line

for example:   

Change the Alerting name Restarts the phone
Change the Pickup up Group, restarts the phone

cheers

Replied by: David Staudt on 01-10-2010 03:35:45 PM

AXL Exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://172.18.96.220/CCMApi/AXL/V1/soapisapi.dll

Our environment:

PC1:
CUCM 7.1.3 with IP address 172.18.96.220

The URL for AXL changed from UCM 4 to UCM 5+, to https://server:8443/axl

It looks like this code was designed for use with UCM 4, and will not work with UCM 5 + without modifications.  Note also that UCM 5+ requires HTTPS connection.

The AXL SQL Toolkit downloadable from the UC manager admin pages (under Applications/Plugins), has a sample java client that demonstrates simple connectivity - hopefully you can use that as a basis for your modifications.

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 01-10-2010 01:11:03 PM
Hy

look here

we are using it, and it's very nice because it takes the Description out of the Huntlist and put it to the Linetext Label

Not logged in -> Test

Hi,

Please let me resume this thread.
We attempt to use that Open Source Tool, but noticed the same annoying delay while restarting a phone. To avoid this we have inserted the following code in the huntgroup_login.jsp file:

AXLProvider axlProvider = new AXLProvider(AXLserver, AXLadmin, AXLpwd);
axlProvider.sendRequest("doDeviceReset", "<deviceName>" + deviceName + "</deviceName><isHardReset>false</isHardReset>");
axlProvider = null;

However after this we are getting the following error message in Tomcat's log file:

AXL Exception:java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://172.18.96.220/CCMApi/AXL/V1/soapisapi.dll

What is wrong?

Our environment:

PC1:

PC2 (Windows XP):
Tomcat 6
CIPC 7.0.3.3

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 01-10-2010 01:30:32 PM

Hy

look here

Not logged in -> Test

Hi,

Please let me resume this thread.
We attempt to use that Open Source Tool, but noticed the same annoying delay while restarting a phone. To avoid this we have inserted the following code in the huntgroup_login.jsp file:

AXLProvider axlProvider = new AXLProvider(AXLserver, AXLadmin, AXLpwd);
axlProvider.sendRequest("doDeviceReset", "<deviceName>" + deviceName + "</deviceName><isHardReset>false</isHardReset>");
axlProvider = null;

However after this we are getting the following error message in Tomcat's log file:

What is wrong?

Our environment:

PC1:

PC2 (Windows XP):
Tomcat 6
CIPC 7.0.3.3

Thanks.

Igor

It looks like that the package Cisco IP Phone SDK which is installed on PC2 and which contains the AXLProvider class uses soapisapi.dll not AXL URL.
How do I call the doDeviceReset function via AXL URL?

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 04-10-2010 04:02:14 PM

For a Hard Reset:

AXLdoDeviceResetRequest myAXLrequest= new AXLdoDeviceResetRequest(AXLserver,AXLadmin,AXLpwd,deviceName,true);
myAXLrequest=null;

isHardReset - if true it will perform a reset of the phone; if false it will perform a restart

There are all the java files within the myframework.jar so you can take a look to the java code

I think you haven't to do a second device Reset because the CuCM Restarts the phone anytime there is a change on the line

for example:   

cheers

Florian,

Please, if possible, answer me the following question.
We are using Tomcat 6.0 with JRE 1.5. However myFramework_v4.6.jar requires JRE 1.6. We are getting the "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.getBytes(Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;)" error message while using myFramework_v4.6.jar with JRE 1.5. This is because JRE 1.5 does not support the method java.lang.String.getBytes with a parameter of the type Charset.
Can we obtain myFramework.jar compatible with JRE 1.5?

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 06-10-2010 04:02:29 PM

For a Hard Reset:

myAXLrequest=null;

for example:   

cheers

Florian,

Please, if possible, answer me the following question.
We are using Tomcat 6.0 with JRE 1.5. However myFramework_v4.6.jar requires JRE 1.6. We are getting the "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.getBytes(Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;)" error message while using myFramework_v4.6.jar with JRE 1.5. This is because JRE 1.5 does not support the method java.lang.String.getBytes with a parameter of the type Charset.
Can we obtain myFramework.jar compatible with JRE 1.5?

Thanks.

Igor

Please answer me another question.
There is the URL parameter 'logout' in the huntgroup_login.jsp file. How do I set in CallManager Phone Services this parameter?

Thanks.

Igor

Replied by: Florian Kroessbacher on 07-10-2010 09:18:20 PM

There is the URL parameter 'logout' in the huntgroup_login.jsp file. How do I set in CallManager Phone Services this parameter?

Thanks.

Igor

Hy Igor,

ok so on the logout param can only have the value true. all other values will be ignored

You can set this as a normal param at the phone Services page on the CuCM.
I think if you deploy a service with param logout set to true there won't be a question if you
are the last logged on Member.
For our Company we don't use the param. We always use the normal service, so if there is one
more Line left in the Hunt the logout ist done without a question, if you are the last it will asked
you if you want to log out

Is it not posible to get Java 6 on the tomcat??

cheers Floh

Replied by: Igor Zatsarevnyy on 12-10-2010 09:09:40 AM

Thanks.

Igor

Hy Igor,

ok so on the logout param can only have the value true. all other values will be ignored

You can set this as a normal param at the phone Services page on the CuCM.
I think if you deploy a service with param logout set to true there won't be a question if you
are the last logged on Member.
For our Company we don't use the param. We always use the normal service, so if there is one
more Line left in the Hunt the logout ist done without a question, if you are the last it will asked
you if you want to log out

Is it not posible to get Java 6 on the tomcat??

cheers Floh

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your time and help.

As for Java 6 we want to use a legacy Tomcat server with existing web apps that require Java 5 (they do not work in Java 6).

Thanks.

Igor
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links