cancel

Incoming Caller Info - How to Display?

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Assaf D on 30-05-2010 08:29:34 PM
Hi,

When a cisco ipphone is getting an incoming call an image box is being shown with the caller number and with an ANSWER softkey. This is the normal case for incoming call.

I would like to display the caller's name instead of his number in the same way it is being shown normaly.
I've already managed by jtapi to convert the caller's number into a name and to push my url script to automatically access my incoming script.
The problem is that when I return a CiscoIPPhoneText or Image (with the caller's name) XML to the ipphone, it is being displayed  as an addional Text/Image tab beside the regular incoming phone message.

What XML should I send back to the ipphone which will look like the regular one including the ANSWER softkey? 

Regards

Assaf

Subject: RE: Incoming Caller Info - How to Display?
Replied by: Assaf D on 31-05-2010 06:25:54 PM
While RINGING I push an image with the caller info which is being displayed on the phone screen.

What XML object should I push to clear the 'caller info' image tab to go back to ANSWERED/DISCONNECT/IDLE state?

Should I use the Init:Services URI ? 

Regards

Assaf

Replied by: David Staudt on 30-05-2010 10:26:27 PM
XML services apps cannot modify or replace the regular phone call plane (tab.)  You can only - as you already describe - show info in a separate services plane/tab.

There are facilities of course on UCM itself for displaying calling party name, as long as the system/network is providing that info - i.e. caller ID.  A custom database lookup into customer numbers, for example, is not possible.

Replied by: David Staudt on 31-05-2010 09:31:58 PM
Yes, you could POST a CiscoIPPhoneExecute object to the phone with an ExecuteItem of 'Init:Services'.  This will clear the XML services pane and the standard call plane should be visible.

Replied by: Assaf D on 01-06-2010 04:21:56 PM
David,

Ok - with your advise I've managed also to clear the image tab on ConnDisconnectedEv- THANKS!

There is still one issue...
While INCOMING call, the caller info CiscoIPPhoneText/Image XML  is being displyed with the default softkeys which I want to replace with 'ANSWER' and 'REJECT' softkeys.
I've looked in the XML developer guide and couldn't find the right URI to answer a call (something like 'Dial' softkey)

Regards

Assaf

Replied by: David Staudt on 01-06-2010 05:00:14 PM
'Dial:xxx' is the only XML URI that effects call control, there is no Answer or Reject URI.  To accomplish this you would need a backend CTI based app (TAPI/JTAPI.)  The Answer softkey would request a URL from this app, which could in turn would trigger a CTI request to answer the phone.

Replied by: Assaf D on 02-06-2010 01:18:52 PM
David,

It seems that the ConnDisconnectedEv event not always proivdes the CiscoTerminal to sendData to.

Please advise what is chain code to get the CiscoTerminal from the ConnDisconnectedEv event in order to sendData to the called party. I've tried several options but couldn't get a reliable one which works well.

Regards

Assaf

Replied by: Ferda Mravenec on 28-11-2010 03:36:00 PM
Hi Assaf,

I am going to solve something similar. Is it possible for you to share your solution with me? Please write me e-mail on sneca@centrum.cz

Thank you very much

Best regards
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards