Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 13-04-2004 06:50:06 PM
Hello,

Do you have any advice on how best to install Audium 3.3 Server on a headless Unix box?

I have copied the installation from a Windows box and it works accept for the application admin scripts.

AJ

Subject: RE: Install on headless server
Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 13-04-2004 08:06:38 PM
Hi AJ,

Please find attached zip file containing both global and application level scripts.
The zip file contains two folders â¿¿ [i:fa4b6b180e]globalScripts[/i:fa4b6b180e] and [i:fa4b6b180e]appScripts[/i:fa4b6b180e]. Just unzip the folder and place the content of the folders respectively in the [b:fa4b6b180e][AUDIUM_HOME]/admin[/b:fa4b6b180e] for global admin scrips and [b:fa4b6b180e][AUDIUM_HOME]/applications/[APPLICATION_NAME]/admin[/b:fa4b6b180e] for application level scripts.

Regards,
Michael

Subject: Same error
Replied by: null on 14-04-2004 09:02:44 AM
Hi Michael,

Those scripts are identical to the ones I copied over. From the status.sh I get:

bash-2.05$ ./status.sh
Connection cannot be established from remost host
An error has occurred. Please make sure the application server is running and try this command again.

Any ideas?

AJ

Subject: RE: Same error
Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 14-04-2004 03:17:16 PM
AJ,

Please note that the admin scripts prevent you from running from a remote machine. You have to log into the machine running Audium and execute the scripts locally.

Please also note, that you have to have your application server running while executing those scripts.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Subject: RE: Same error
Replied by: null on 15-04-2004 08:19:42 AM
Hi Michael,

The application server is running and I am executing the scripts locally.

Actually I think I have figured out the issue. Our app server does not run on port 8080. How do I configure the correct application server port with Audium?

Regards,
AJ
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links