Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Issue with Audio Stream.
Replied by: David Staudt on 04-05-2009 02:11:45 PM
There is a sample app on the Documentation page that performs media playback and record...hopefully this should demonstrate the basic functions and techniques: http://developer.cisco.com/web/tapi/docs
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Shwetha Sanjeev on 04-05-2009 12:47:57 PM
Hi All,

In my Cisco TAPI Application I am unable to stream audio. In fact we could able to connect tha line, and even we get the SLDSMT_START_RECEPTION and
SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION events with remote IP and port.
Could you pepole please let me know how i should further eproceed to start the audio transmission.

Thanks in advance.

Replied by: Shwetha Sanjeev on 05-05-2009 03:51:07 AM
Hi david,
Thanks foro your reply.
But i think that application is not a complete version. What i came to know that lot of variables declared are not used. Actually I am searching for a sample code which deals with the port opening and audio streaming after the call is connected.
Please do reply.

Replied by: David Staudt on 05-05-2009 04:27:03 AM
Using the Cisco provided TAPI wave driver (note, must be installed separately after the main TSP installer), the application does not need to consider IP addresses/ports/codecs, etc.  The TSP wave driver is implemented using the Windows mmio API, and handles all the RTP media stuff behind the scenes.

In the sample app, please see the WaveFunctions.cpp file, which contains some simple code demonstrating usage, for example the playSound() function which accepts the path of a .wav format file (in the correct audio format) and the TAPI device ID to accomplish playback to an inbound caller.

Replied by: Shwetha Sanjeev on 06-05-2009 04:18:06 AM
Hi david,

Thanks for your immediate reply.
Yea, i was exactly thinking like what you explained.

Hope you got my issue, I can call from Hard phone/softphone to my application. i am able to recieve all the default/DEVSPECIFIC events too. but the streaming is not done.(I could not hear the voice). Once the call is connected, I am getting SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION and
SLDSMT_START_RECEPTION. But the voice is not transfered to the other end. This is my issue now.

So now my doubt is , Do I need to implement my own audio streaming logic once i get the SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION event ? Initially i was thinking that the streaming would be handled by Call Manager itself internally once i use CCiscoLineDevSpecificUserControlRTPStream class for streaming.

When I checked with Cisco Softphone, I could able to find a dll "ccnsmt.dll", which is a winrtp DLL used for Real time audio streaming.
So now i think do I need to implement my own streaming logic once i get the events. Please do reply with your understandings.

Thanks in advance.

Replied by: David Staudt on 06-05-2009 01:40:54 PM
Just enabling and receiving the RTP events will not turn the PC into a softphone-like device, automatically sending receiving audio through the system audio components.  Definitely there is more too it

If using the TAPI wave driver (recommended), the app needs to receive the RTP event, and use the wave driver's mmio functions to start receiving audio data.  This is raw bytes of encoded data - it's up to the app to do something with the audio data: save it to a file, convert it to mp3, stream it to the PC's audio hardware systems, etc.

It is possible to use a custom RTP stack to handle the audio (such as winRTP) instead of the provided wave driver, but this requires a lot of extra work and is seldom needed.

Replied by: Shwetha Sanjeev on 07-05-2009 04:24:56 AM
hi david,

finally i used winrtp for streaming audio.
now the streaming is working fine . it is pretty simple to use. it is a Com dll, once we import the dll we can directly use its APIs

Replied by: Syed Husain WMA on 07-10-2009 10:09:53 AM
Hi,

I'm searching high and low on how to make the sound available during calls. Can I know how do you make it work?

Your application works right? People can hear on both end of the call right?

Thanks in advance.

Replied by: Syed Husain WMA on 03-11-2009 08:12:48 AM
Hi Scwetha,

I'm trying to find winrtp on the net. I can't find 1 so far. Can I have your copy. Thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links