Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Hemal Mehta on 26-02-2013 01:18:49 PM
I created a custom CTIOS desktop exe.  It works fine on my machine. Now when I want to publish it  so that it can be installed on someone else's machine, I gave the path of where I want it  to be published.  I can install from that path.  However whenever the users try to install on theie own machine from that path, they get an error that Interop.HoldCTL  needs to be installed in GAC first.  See attached screenshot. Can you advise on what may be wrong with the publish app process.

Subject: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S
Replied by: David Lender on 26-02-2013 01:40:03 PM
I am not familiar with a publish app process in Visual Studio 2005, but if you look at the CTIOS Developer Guide, see table 4-4 Dependencies of CTIOS ActiveX Controls which shows the dependencies for the holdctl.dll which includes Interop.HoldCtl.dll and AxInterop.HoldCtl.dll    You are using Visual Studio 2005 right?  VS 2010 is only supported for the .NET Cil not the COM Cil with ActiveX controls.

Subject: RE: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 26-02-2013 02:07:03 PM
Yes, using 2005.   I got it to work, just published again using the CD option.   When you develop custom desktop, do you just give the exe to be run from the agent desktop.  I am not sure if it works on everyone’s pc.
I have had to publish to make it work.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:40 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from David Lender in Computer Telephony Integration Object Server (CTIOS) Toolkit - CTIOS Toolkit Questions: RE: New Message from Hemal Mehta in Computer Telephony Integration Object S

David Lender has created a new message in the forum "CTIOS Toolkit Questions": -------------------------------------------------------------- I am not familiar with a publish app process in Visual Studio 2005, but if you look at the CTIOS Developer Guide, see table 4-4 Dependencies of CTIOS ActiveX Controls which shows the dependencies for the holdctl.dll which includes Interop.HoldCtl.dll and AxInterop.HoldCtl.dll You are using Visual Studio 2005 right? VS 2010 is only supported for the .NET Cil not the COM Cil with ActiveX controls.
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/12405754 or simply reply to this email.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links