Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Manas Varma on 24-02-2012 02:48:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have been advised to use JMF for sending an audio file after the call is connected as the Cisco JTAPI implementation doesn't support javax.telephony.media.* , and hence its methods can not be used. The problem however is that I amfinding it very difficult to have the two integrated (JTAPI and JMF).

I am able to caputure the callConnectedEv and I guess, in that block of callConnectedEv, that I have to use the JMF portion when the stream will be sent to the receiver. The issue is that how will we connect the two pieces. How would my JMF piece know that it is this connection that the stream should be transmitted.

Can some one who has an idea on this or has worked with similar kind of problem throw some light on this. Any sample piece of code would be of great help. Any new solution without the use of JMF to pass audio file in Cisco JTAPI is also welcomed

Thanks
Manas Varma

Subject: RE: JMF and JTAPI
Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 26-02-2012 09:52:23 PM
I have no problems with use of JMF with JTAPI. You need to use a CTI Port to transmit your files into a call. When you register CTI Port you specify a port where you will receive RTP traffic for an active call. Connect CTI Port to Cisco Call and you will receive a CiscoRTPOutputStarted event that will inform you about port and ip address where you need to transmit your file. But i need to warn you that JMF is very buggy. And sometimes you need to find a JMF sources and corrent them yourself (or write your own plgins for it). But, i am working with JTAPI and JMF about two years and still don't find better solution than JMF. All other solutions is more worse.

Replied by: Nuno Magalhaes on 27-02-2012 07:37:43 AM
Hi Sergei,

Can you provide some code example? As Manas Varma, i spent my last weeks trying to put JMF and JTAPI working together, but no luck with this.

Replied by: Abhishek Malhotra on 27-02-2012 07:28:12 PM
With my personal experience as developer, I wouldnt suggest JMF. In my opinion, JMF is ok if you are writing a client application(like a soft phone) and would be handling one or few streams at any time.
I have burnt my hands trying out JMF with server side applications trying to handle multiple streams and JMF wasnt any good with that. After a certain call load(it wasnt too huge), rtp streams started breaking up. I didnt fight too much trying to fit JMF into my solution after initial test results but it could be that I wasnt doing it right but there was very little help available to me. It was hard to find any documentation or support on JMF, most of the support and document links on Oracle website are broken and its hard to move in right direction even if you know how basic processor works with streams.
Moreover, there hasnt been any work done on JMF by Sun (and oracle now) since its last release in 2001 which was more than 10 years ago. So, it seems like an abaondoned initiative.

Coming to the problem as such, I have had trouble finding a robust media library/server based on JAVA so as lot of others, I had exact same question on what to use for Media streaming which can actually be seen in one of the other posts on forum. The best answer I got was writing your own RTP stack based on RFC which is what was done by one of the application developer who had responded to my post. I am myself still trying to find if ther are any better alternatives(java based) available to JMF.

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 27-02-2012 10:01:13 PM
Abhishek, we use JMF in our applications in many circumstances and with huge load too (SPANless recorder as example). Yes, it was buggy, but i am have fixed some JMF sources and wrote some plugins (RTPConnectors and DataSources) and it works fine for us. I think writing library of the same level is very expensive. I think this is best JAVA solutuon by its time/cost.

Nuno, i dont understand what you mean when you said " put JMF and JTAPI working together".

Manas, i dont understand what case you trying to implement, please give me more details.

Replied by: Manas Varma on 28-02-2012 01:30:07 AM
Hi Sergei,

In my scenario , below are the sequence of events that needs to take place.

1. Place a call to "A".
  2. After the call is connected( A picks up), send an audio file to him asking him to press "1".
  3. Once he presses "1", connect a call to B.
  4. Put A and B into conference.

While we are able to implement the part 1 and 4 of our scenario , we are stuck at 2 and 3. Can you please help us with the snippet if yours where you are using JMF to send the audio file to a connected party. That will really solve our problem.

Regards,
Manas Varma

Replied by: Nuno Magalhaes on 28-02-2012 05:52:14 AM
Hi Sergei

When i say put JMF and JTAPI working toghether, i mean the same you suggest to Manas Varma, use a cti port to transmit the audio file to the call. If you can provide some snippet of code, i will be very grateful. I never worked with JMF, and i can't understand the examples i saw, and i don't have experience working with cti ports in JTAPI. Please help me if you can.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nuno Magalhães

Replied by: Manas Varma on 01-03-2012 02:46:43 AM
Hi Sergei/Abhishek,

Can you guys please help me out with some code snippet of yours where you are using JMF . That will really help me get going with the project.

Regards,
Manas Varma

Replied by: Nuno Magalhaes on 01-03-2012 11:46:09 AM
Hi Sergei,

I already implemented the transmiting of a sound file to the ctiport, but i can't ear any sound on the ctioport, but if i use JMFStudio and open a rtp session to the ip and port of the ctiport, i can ear the sound. I tried almost all CiscoMediaCapability on ctiport registration, but no success, what i´m doing wrong?

Code of ctiport registration:
                   CiscoMediaTerminal cmterm = provider.getMediaTerminal(ctiport);                  
                    CiscoMediaCapability[] caps = new CiscoMediaCapability[]{
                        CiscoMediaCapability.G711_64K_30_MILLISECONDS                           
                    };
                    cmterm.register(inetaddr, portInt, caps);

Code of JMF to transmit sounf file to ctiport:

Format[] FORMATS = new Format[]{new AudioFormat(AudioFormat.MPEG_RTP)};
                ContentDescriptor CONTENT_DESCRIPTOR = new ContentDescriptor(ContentDescriptor.RAW_RTP);

DataSource ds = Manager.createDataSource(new MediaLocator("file:\\c:\\a.wav"));
                mediaProcessor = Manager.createRealizedProcessor(new ProcessorModel(ds, FORMATS, CONTENT_DESCRIPTOR));
                mediaLocator = new MediaLocator("rtp://192.168.32.47:8500/audio"); // ip and port of ctiport
                dataSink = Manager.createDataSink(mediaProcessor.getDataOutput(), mediaLocator);
                mediaProcessor.start();
                dataSink.open();
                dataSink.start();

Thanks in advance

Regards
Nuno Magalhães

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 01-03-2012 06:24:00 AM
This is will be a very huge snippet. You must read JMF fundamentals. And there are many code examples of using JMF.

Manas, IP Phones Services may be helpful for you for playing a sound to Agent (see RTPRx command).

In all cases you got an IP address and port (from CTI port OutputStarted event or from RTPRx command) where you must play a sound in desired format via RTP protocol (in most cases PCMU 8000 samples 20 ms). There are many examples on the net of how to play a sound file via network.

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 04-03-2012 09:36:30 PM
Don't use a medialocator as output, use RTPManager for transmitting processor output. And, by default JMF make packet size bigger than you want and in result you transmitting in format of 60 msec between packets instead of 20 msec. Most of cisco phone will play it fine, but some models will play nothing, you must do one of two things: get Control of RTPPacetizer from processor and set right packet size or find a source of RTPPacketizer on the net, compile your own class and make your own JMF jar.

Replied by: Nuno Magalhaes on 07-03-2012 06:55:35 AM
Now with RTPManager i have the following code:

RTPManager rtpManager = RTPManager.newInstance();
                SessionAddress localAddress = new SessionAddress();
                rtpManager.initialize(localAddress);
                InetAddress ipAddress = InetAddress.getByName("192.168.32.47");
                SessionAddress remoteAddress = new SessionAddress(ipAddress, 8500);               
                rtpManager.addTarget(remoteAddress);               
                DataSource dataOutput = Manager.createDataSource(new MediaLocator("file:\\c:\\a.wav"));               
                sendStream = rtpManager.createSendStream(dataOutput, 1);
                mediaProcessor = Manager.createProcessor(dataOutput);            
                mediaProcessor.setContentDescriptor(new ContentDescriptor(ContentDescriptor.RAW_RTP));
                mediaProcessor.configure();          
                sendStream.start();
                mediaProcessor.start();

But the code is executed till line "sendStream = rtpManager.createSendStream(dataOutput, 1);" the code after this line isn't executed and i don't get any exception, what i'm doing wrong?
Can help me with setting the packet size, i can't find any example in the net, and i don't see how to do that..

Replied by: Manas Varma on 15-03-2012 06:53:54 AM
Hi  All,

We have incorporated the JMF integration with JTAPI and are able to send the audio file over the Call after the call is connected.  However, what we have observed is that there is a distinct "noise" that gets transmitted along with the wave file , making it absouloutely impossible for the reciever at the other end to listen. I presume , its an issue with codec

Below is the snippet , where we have passed the codec information. Can you please help us in finding out , where the problem lies. Whats the fault in the codec or is our assumption of a codec fault itself is wrong and the noise is due to some other reason ?

Thanks
Manas Varma

processr.setContentDescriptor( new ContentDescriptor( ContentDescriptor.RAW_RTP));
TrackControl track[] = processr.getTrackControls();
boolean encodingOk = false;

for (int i = 0; i < track.length; i++)
{
if (!encodingOk && track instanceof FormatControl)
{

if (((FormatControl)track). setFormat( new AudioFormat(AudioFormat.ULAW_RTP,
                                                 1)) == null)
{

track.setEnabled(false);

}
                  else {

encodingOk = true;
                  }
              }
  else
{
track.setEnabled(false);
  }
}

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 15-03-2012 11:56:55 PM
As i sad earlier this noise happens because JMF Packetizer default packet size 480 instead of 160. You need to manipulate a packetizer controls over the processor or find a "Packetizer extends com.ibm.media.codec.audio.AudioPacketizer" sources on the net, change default packet size and reassembly yours JMF package. There is a site with most complete JMF sources, enjoy

http://jcs.mobile-utopia.com/servlet/Source?type=s&q=Packetizer

Replied by: Naga Halini Karri on 26-03-2012 08:58:31 AM
Hi,

My requirement is a similar one as :
1. Place a call to  'A'
2. On 'A' answering the call, a pre-recorded message should be played and call gets disconnected
3. Next call to be connected to  'B'.
4. If 'A', does not answer within some time say 60 seconds, call should be disconnected
5. Then place a call to 'B' so on.

I have implemented the above using JMF integreting with JTAPI. I could implement 1,2,4 steps, but facing issues on making the next call immediately.
First call is successful for the scenario either 2 or 4 (mentioned above) but on making the call to another party, the call gets connected, it rings for a fraction of second and gets disconnected even before the call can be answered. Also, please let me know if its possible to make calls in this manner one after another for a group of numbers using JTAPI.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & regards,
Halini

Replied by: Naga Halini Karri on 26-03-2012 09:15:36 AM
Hi,

My requirement is a similar one as :
1. Place a call to  'A'
2. On 'A' answering the call, a pre-recorded message should be played and call gets disconnected
3. Next call to be connected to  'B'.
4. If 'A', does not answer within some time say 60 seconds, call should be disconnected
5. Then place a call to 'B' so on.

I have implemented the above using JMF integreting with JTAPI. I could implement 1,2,4 steps, but facing issues on making the next call immediately.
First call is successful for the scenario either 2 or 4 (mentioned above) but on making the call to another party, the call gets connected, it rings for a fraction of second and gets disconnected even before the call can be answered. Also, please let me know if its possible to make calls in this manner one after another for a group of numbers using JTAPI.

Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & regards,
Halini

Replied by: David Staudt on 26-03-2012 01:00:28 PM
There should be no issue with making sequential calls.  It sounds like the sequence of events may not be quite what you intended, but difficult to tell from the description.

Are you seeing any exceptions or other errors?

Perhaps an even more detailed description of the call flow might help:

- Timestamps/DNs
- JTAPI events seen
- JTAPI methods called
- Phone behaviour observed

As a final check you can look into the JTAPI logs (you will need to enabled the detailed logs using the jtprefs application or via editing jtapi.ini.)  If you can't spot anything feel free to attach here.

Replied by: Naga Halini Karri on 27-03-2012 08:39:03 AM
Hi David,

I have not seen any exceptions or errors while trying to implement the calls sequentially.
We are using the following Destination Numbers in the lab, ucm-rtplab-101.cisco.com: 80509151, 80509148. We created these sample numbers to test our application.
I am attaching the log files with the JTAPI events occured for the following scenarios:
   1. When the playback is successful. (JTAPILog_Call01.txt)
   2. When tried to make another immediately, it failed. No errors occured. (JTAPILog_Call02.txt)
Phone Behaviour observed: Received call and as it is getting disconnected almost immediately, it is listed as Missed call.
Also, can we make parallel calls using JTAPI. I have been using the code of JTAPI sample application, makecall for my requirement and implemented the playback using JMF. In makecall where we pass source and destination number, may i send a common source number and a list of 30 numbers as destination numbers and implement make call ?

Thanks & regards,
Halini

Replied by: Naga Halini Karri on 27-03-2012 08:41:16 AM
Hi David,

I have not seen any exceptions or errors while trying to implement the calls sequentially.
We are using the following Destination Numbers in the lab, ucm-rtplab-101.cisco.com: 80509151, 80509148. We created these sample numbers to test our application.
I am attaching the log files with the JTAPI events occured for the following scenarios:
   1. When the playback is successful. (JTAPILog_Call01.txt)
   2. When tried to make another immediately, it failed. No errors occured. (JTAPILog_Call02.txt)
Phone Behaviour observed: Received call and as it is getting disconnected almost immediately, it is listed as Missed call.
Also, can we make parallel calls using JTAPI. I have been using the code of JTAPI sample application, makecall for my requirement and implemented the playback using JMF. In makecall where we pass source and destination number, may i send a common source number and a list of 30 numbers as destination numbers and implement make call ?

Thanks & regards,
Halini

Replied by: David Staudt on 28-03-2012 04:06:49 PM
Can you provide the logs from the JTAPI client itself?  These are configured via jtapi.ini (you can use the jtprefs UI app, shipped with the JTAPI plugin.)  Please enable all log types at detailed level.

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 18-05-2012 07:19:22 AM
Hi Sergei & Manas,

We are facing some issue while trying to play wav file to phone using CTI Port. I am attaching my code 7 excecption here (value of i will indicate where we r geiing the error i.e. in line sendStream = rtpManager.createSendStream(dataOutput, 1); in our case)  -

==================== CODE ===================================
SendStream sendStream;
                 ip="192.168.4.120";
                i=1;
                SessionAddress localAddress = new SessionAddress();
                i=2;
                i=3;
                InetAddress ipAddress = InetAddress.getByName(ip);
                i=4;
                System.out.println(" ********* ipAddress ************ "+ipAddress);
                i=5;
                i=6;
                DataSource dataOutput = Manager.createDataSource(new MediaLocator("file:\\c:\\a.wav") );
                i=7;
                i=8;
                mediaProcessor = Manager.createProcessor(dataOutput);
                i=9;
                mediaProcessor.setContentDescriptor(new ContentDescriptor(ContentDescriptor.RAW_RTP));
                i=10;
                mediaProcessor.configure();
                i=11;
                sendStream.start();
                i=12;
                mediaProcessor.start();
                i=13;

=================================================================

*********************  EXCEPTION *************************************

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.protocol.file.DataSource cannot be cast to javax.media.protocol.PushBufferDataSource       i    7

Your input will help me to proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vinay

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 20-05-2012 10:29:46 PM
What is your wav file payload type?

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 20-05-2012 11:01:30 PM
you make mistake in your code, i think this is what you want :

SendStream sendStream;
ip="192.168.4.120";

//This you need to do to avoid a trasmit start lag (Force DNS method)
byte[] badr = ipAddress.getAddress();
ipAddress = InetAddress.getByAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName(), badr);

SessionAddress localAddress = new SessionAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost(), someLocalPort);

//This is not output datasource! This is input datasource!
DataSource dataInput = Manager.createDataSource(new MediaLocator("file:\\c:\\a.wav") );

ProcessorModel prm = new ProcessorModel(dataInput , new ContentDescriptor(ContentDescriptor.RAW_RTP), new AudioFormat(AudioFormat.ULAW_RTP, 8000, 8, 1));

Processor processor = Manager.createRealizedProcessor(prm);

//This is output datasource
DataSource dataOutput = processor.getDataOutput();

sendStream.start();

mediaProcessor.start();

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 21-05-2012 04:41:10 AM
You can pass 0.

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 21-05-2012 03:23:58 AM
Hi,

Here I found some exception at runtime.
Exception is  : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at   sendStream = rtpManager.createSendStream(dataOutput, 1);

And I think here We can not pass 0 at the place of 1, because it is Stream index.

Please Help me.

Thanks &  Best Regads
Vinay

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 21-05-2012 05:08:24 AM
Hi,

But when I passed 0(zero ) it also return exception at  mediaProcessor.start();
And exception is  java.lang.NullPointerException.

Thanks & Best Regards
Vinay

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 21-05-2012 05:50:01 AM
Hi Sergei,

We have changed our code as per your suggestion, now we are not getting any error but nothing is palying on my phone.
We are initiating call from CTI Port to normal phone and capturing the remote phone IP and port and trying to send audio stream on remote ip and port.

Are we doing anything wrong in our code or as concept wise?

Thanks & Regards,
Vinay  

System.out.println("**************** Start JMF ********************** ");
           Format[] FORMATS = new Format[]{new AudioFormat(AudioFormat.ULAW_RTP,8000,8,1)};
            ContentDescriptor CONTENT_DESCRIPTOR = new ContentDescriptor(ContentDescriptor.RAW);
            System.out.println(port+" ********* ipAddress ************ "+ip);

SendStream sendStream;
             ip="192.168.4.120";
            i=1;
            i=2;
            //This you need to do to avoid a trasmit start lag (Force DNS method)
            byte[] badr = ipAddress.getAddress();
            i=3;
            ipAddress = InetAddress.getByAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName(), badr);
            i=4;
            SessionAddress localAddress = new SessionAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost(), 8500);
            i=5;
            i=6;
            SessionAddress remoteAddress = new SessionAddress(ipAddress, port);
            i=7;
           i=8;
            //This is not output datasource! This is input datasource!
            DataSource dataInput = Manager.createDataSource(new MediaLocator("file:\\c:\\miles.wav") );
            i=9;
            ProcessorModel prm = new ProcessorModel(dataInput ,FORMATS, CONTENT_DESCRIPTOR);
            i=10;
            Processor processor = Manager.createRealizedProcessor(prm);
            i=11;
            //This is output datasource
            DataSource dataOutput = processor.getDataOutput();
            i=12;
            sendStream = rtpManager.createSendStream(dataOutput, 0);
             i=13;
            sendStream.start();
            i=14;
            processor.start();
            i=15;

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 21-05-2012 11:40:46 PM
Please, take a wareshark capture. If packets are not sent enable JMF logging and see what's happening there. If packets are sent than problem may be in phone (check latest firmware)  or in JMF (have you read what i am wrote above about JMF packet size?).

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 23-05-2012 02:16:43 AM
Hi Sergei,

Thanks my Problem is solve.

Thanks & Best Regards
Vinay

Replied by: javavinay88 (simulated) on 24-05-2012 09:21:58 AM
Hi Sergei,

Here a new problem, I want to write an RTP stream to a file. But I get a Exception in the following code.

********************************************************************************************

public void update(ReceiveStreamEvent event)
{
          SessionManager source = (SessionManager)event.getSource();
          DataSink dataSink = null;
           if (event instanceof NewReceiveStreamEvent)
           {
                          ReceiveStream stream = null;

try
             {
                     stream =((NewReceiveStreamEvent)event) .getReceiveStream();
                    Participant part = stream.getParticipant();
                    DataSource dsource = stream.getDataSource();
                    MediaLocator f = new MediaLocator("file://C:\\MyStream.wav");
                  dataSink=  Manager.createDataSink(dsource, f);   
                 dataSink.open();
                dataSink.start();
             } catch (Exception e)
               {
                 System.err.println("newReceiveStreamEvent exception "  + e.getMessage());
                    }
         }
     }

*******************************************************************************************

And Exception is -  newReceiveStreamEvent exception Cannot find a DataSink for: com.sun.media.protocol.rtp.DataSource@1a7bf11

Your input will help me to proceed further.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vinay

Replied by: Sergei Gorbunov on 24-05-2012 11:19:56 PM
Please, ask this question at JMF forums. This is not Cisco related question.

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 26-04-2013 11:22:24 AM
Hi everyone,
i made a call between my computer "2100" and a cisco phone "2010" , but when i pick up i can hear anything
here's my code

import com.cisco.cti.util.Condition;
import com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.*;
import java.net.*;
import javax.telephony.*;
import javax.telephony.callcontrol.CallControlCall;
import javax.telephony.events.*;

public class Makecall
{
      final int PORT_NUMBER = 1234;
      CiscoMediaTerminal terminal = null;

public Makecall(String[] args) throws Exception
{

CiscoProvider provider=null;

String hostname = "10.10.10.1";
String login = "mourad";
String passwd = "mourad";
String src = "2100";
String dst = "2010";

/* start up JTAPI */
JtapiPeer peer = JtapiPeerFactory.getJtapiPeer(null);

/* connect to the provider */
String providerString = hostname;
providerString += ";login=" + login;
providerString += ";passwd=" + passwd;
  provider = (CiscoProvider) peer.getProvider(providerString);

/* wait for it to come into service */
final Condition inService = new Condition();

provider.addObserver(new ProviderObserver() {

public void providerChangedEvent (ProvEv [] eventList) {
if (eventList == null) return;
                                       for (int i=0; i <eventList.length; i++) {
                         if (eventList instanceof ProvInServiceEv)  {
                                           inService.set();
                                        }
                                      }
                                 }
              });
                inService.waitTrue();

/* get an object for the calling terminal */

Address srcAddr = provider.getAddress(src);
                Terminal srcTerm = srcAddr.getTerminals()[0];

/*register terminal*/

String terminalname = srcAddr.getTerminals()[0].getName();
              registerTerminal(provider,terminalname);

srcAddr.addCallObserver(new CallObserver() {
public void callChangedEvent (CallEv [] eventList) {
/* ignored */
}
});

DatagramSocket socket = new DatagramSocket();
                     RTPSender rtp  = new RTPSender(InetAddress.getLocalHost(),PORT_NUMBER,socket);

/* create the call */
                  Call  call =  (CiscoCall) provider.createCall();
                  CallControlCall ccall = (CallControlCall)call;

Connection []c = ccall.connect(srcTerm, srcAddr, dst);
                  rtp.run();

}

public static void main(String[] args) {
try {  
                       new Makecall(args);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
System.exit(0);
}
}

public void  registerTerminal ( Provider provider, String terminalName )  {
        try {
            terminal =  (CiscoMediaTerminal) provider.getTerminal ( terminalName );
             CiscoMediaCapability [] caps = new CiscoMediaCapability [1];
            caps[0] = (CiscoMediaCapability) CiscoMediaCapability.G711_64K_30_MILLISECONDS;

terminal.register ( InetAddress.getLocalHost (), PORT_NUMBER, caps );
          terminal.addObserver(new TerminalObserver() {
                             public void terminalChangedEvent(TermEv[] termevs){
                                     /* ignored */
                        }
                  });
       terminal.addCallObserver(new CallObserver() {
                          /* ignored */
                          }
                   });
        } catch (ResourceUnavailableException ex1) {
            System.out.println("ResourceUnavailableException: " + ex1.getMessage());
        } catch (MethodNotSupportedException ex2) {
            System.out.println("MethodNotSupportedException: " + ex2.getMessage());
        } catch (UnknownHostException ex3) {
            System.out.println("UnknownHostException: " + ex3.getMessage());
        } catch (CiscoRegistrationException ex4) {
            System.out.println("CiscoRegistrationException: " + ex4.getMessage());
        } catch (InvalidArgumentException ex5) {
            System.out.println("InvalidArgumentException: " + ex5.getMessage());
        }

}

}

and the RTPSender class :

import java.io.File;
import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.FileNotFoundException;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.net.DatagramPacket;
import java.net.DatagramSocket;
import java.net.InetAddress;
import java.nio.MappedByteBuffer;
import java.nio.channels.FileChannel.MapMode;
import java.util.Random;

public class RTPSender extends Thread implements Runnable {
InetAddress farEndAddr;
int farEndPort;
DatagramSocket sock;

public RTPSender(InetAddress addr, int port, DatagramSocket socket){
farEndAddr = addr;
farEndPort = port;
sock = socket;
}
@Override
public void run() {
            System.out.println("run");
MappedByteBuffer fileContent = null;

try
{

File file = new File ("telsonne.wav");
                        FileInputStream fin = new FileInputStream(file);
                        fileContent = fin.getChannel().map(MapMode.READ_ONLY, 0, file.length());

}catch (FileNotFoundException e) {  
            System.out.println("file not found : " + e.getMessage());  
        }  
        catch (IOException eio) {  
            System.out.println("io exception " + eio.getMessage());  
        }  

byte [] buf = new byte[172];

/* RTP Header structure
 *  0                   1                   2                   3
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |V=2|P|X|  CC   |M|     PT      |       sequence number         |
   |                           timestamp                           |
   |           synchronization source (SSRC) identifier            |
   +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
   |            contributing source (CSRC) identifiers             |
   |                             ....                              |
*/
buf[0] = (byte)0x80; //V=2 P(padding)=0 X(extension fields)=0 CC(CSRC count)=0
buf[1] = (byte)0; //M(marker)=0 Payload type = 0 (PCM ULaw)
Random random_generator = new Random();
int sequence_number = random_generator.nextInt(65536);
long timestamp = 1;
int sync_source = random_generator.nextInt();
buf[8] = (byte)(sync_source/16777216);
buf[9] = (byte)((sync_source/65536)%256);
buf[10] = (byte)((sync_source/256)%256);
buf[11] = (byte)(sync_source%256);
long curTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
while (true)
try 
{       
                        buf[2] = (byte)(sequence_number/256);
buf[3] = (byte)(sequence_number%256);
buf[4] = (byte)(timestamp/16777216);
buf[5] = (byte)((timestamp/65536)%256);
buf[6] = (byte)((timestamp/256)%256);
buf[7] = (byte)(timestamp%256);

int bCopy = 0;
while (bCopy < 2)
try
{
fileContent.get(buf, 12, 160);
break;
}catch (Exception e){
fileContent.rewind();
bCopy++;
}

DatagramPacket packet = new DatagramPacket(buf, 172, farEndAddr, farEndPort);
                        sock.send(packet);
                        long ms2Sleep = curTime + 20 - System.currentTimeMillis();
                        curTime += 20;
System.out.println("Current Time:"+curTime+" to sleep:"+ms2Sleep+" ms...");
if (ms2Sleep > 0)
Thread.sleep(ms2Sleep);
sequence_number = (sequence_number+1)&0xFFFF;
                        timestamp=(timestamp+160)&0xFFFFFFFF;
                        }
catch (Exception e){
System.out.println("Exception:"+e);
return;
}
}

}

please i really need help !!

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 26-04-2013 12:26:28 PM
import java.net.*;

public class Makecall
{

{

String login = "mourad";
String src = "2100";
String dst = "2010";

/* start up JTAPI */

if (eventList instanceof ProvInServiceEv)  {
                                           inService.set(); 
                                        }
                                      }
                                 }
            });
                inService.waitTrue();

/*register terminal*/

/* ignored */
}
});

/* create the call */

rtp.run();

}

try {  
                       new Makecall(args);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
  } finally {
System.exit(0);
}
}

try {

/* ignored */
                        }
                  });
                          /* ignored */
                          }
                   });
        }

}

}

import java.io.File;
import java.util.Random;

InetAddress farEndAddr;
int farEndPort;
DatagramSocket sock;

farEndAddr = addr;
farEndPort = port;
sock = socket;
}
@Override
public void run() {

try
{

}  
        }  

/* RTP Header structure
*/ 
long timestamp = 1;
while (true)
try 
{       

int bCopy = 0;
while (bCopy < 2)
try
{
break;
}catch (Exception e){
fileContent.rewind();
bCopy++;
}

sock.send(packet);
                        curTime += 20;
if (ms2Sleep > 0)
Thread.sleep(ms2Sleep);
                        }
catch (Exception e){
return;
}
}

}

please i really need help !!

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 26-04-2013 12:31:31 PM
Hi everyone,
i made a call between my computer "2100" and a cisco phone "2010" , but when i pick up i can hear anything
here's my code

import java.net.*;

public class Makecall
{

{

String login = "mourad";
String src = "2100";
String dst = "2010";

/* start up JTAPI */

inService.set();
                                        }
                                      }
                                 }
              });
                inService.waitTrue();

/*register terminal*/

/* ignored */
}
});

/* create the call */

rtp.run();

}

try {  
                       new Makecall(args);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
System.exit(0);
}
}

try {

/* ignored */
                        }
                  });
                          /* ignored */
                          }
                   });
        }

}

}

import java.io.File;
import java.util.Random;

InetAddress farEndAddr;
int farEndPort;
DatagramSocket sock;

farEndAddr = addr;
farEndPort = port;
sock = socket;
}
@Override
public void run() {

try
{

}  
        }  

/* RTP Header structure
*/
long timestamp = 1;
                System.out.println(curTime);
while (true)
try 
{       

int bCopy = 0;
while (bCopy < 2)
try
{
break;
}catch (Exception e){
fileContent.rewind();
bCopy++;
}

sock.send(packet);
                        curTime += 20;
if (ms2Sleep > 0)
Thread.sleep(ms2Sleep);
                        }
catch (Exception e){
return;
}
}

}

Replied by: Alexander Anikin on 29-04-2013 12:05:57 AM
Mourad Karoui
You should process CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv event to start RTPSender like this
case CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv.ID:
CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv ev2 = (CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv)events;
CiscoRTPOutputProperties props2 = ev2.getRTPOutputProperties();
rtpSender = new RTPSender(props2.getRemoteAddress(), props2.getRemotePort(), myAWOH.sock);

rtpSender.setDaemon(true);

rtpSender.start();

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 29-04-2013 03:03:22 PM
thank you for your answer
i tried to do that,  but i have a problem with this line :
CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv ev2 = (CiscoRTPOutputStartedEv)events;

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 29-04-2013 03:50:31 PM
what is "events" ???

Replied by: Alexander Anikin on 30-04-2013 03:21:05 AM
Mourad Karoui:
what is "events" ???
It's an element of array of TermEv you receive in function terminalChangedEvent(TermEv[] events)  for TerminalObserver (it should implement TerminalObserver and CiscoTerminalObserver interfaces as I recall).
NB: I pasted i-th element of events array in previous message, but form chewed idex and square brackets

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 30-04-2013 09:24:44 AM
hi Alexander,
thank you again for your answer
but i'm new with jtapi and i couldn't integrate your last code in my code, so please if you can tell me exactly what i must  do to resolve this problem, by providing me some code snippet of yours, or by telling me how must i change my code.
please i really need help, i didn't find any solution and i'm loosing a lot of time. 
thank you

Replied by: Mourad Karoui on 15-05-2013 09:03:14 AM

Hi,
I'm new with JTAPI and i need to place a call between my computer (ctiport) "2100" and a ciscophone "2010", i did that but the problem is when i pick up i can hear anything , what i am doing wrong

i really need help, i can't find any solution and i'm loosing a lot of time
and here's my code :
import .... ;

public class Makecall
{
      final int PORT_NUMBER = 8029;

{

String login = "mourad";
String src = "2100";
String dst = "2010";

/* start up JTAPI */

inService.set();
                                        }
                                      }
                                 }
              });
                inService.waitTrue();

/*register terminal*/

/* ignored */
}
});

DatagramSocket socket = new DatagramSocket(PORT_NUMBER, InetAddress.getLocalHost());

/* create the call */

try
{

}  
        }  

long timestamp = 1;
                long curTime1 = System.currentTimeMillis();
long curTime2 = System.currentTimeMillis();
                System.out.println(curTime2);

while (true)
try 
{       

DatagramPacket packet = new DatagramPacket(buf, 172, InetAddress.getLocalHost(), PORT_NUMBER);
                       socket.send(packet);

long ms2Sleep = curTime2 + 20 - System.currentTimeMillis();
                        curTime2 += 20;
System.out.println("Current Time:"+curTime2+" to sleep:"+ms2Sleep+" ms...");

if (((curTime2 - curTime1)==60000)){
                            ccall.drop();
                            System.out.println("by 1");
                            System.exit(0);
                        }

if (ms2Sleep > 0)
Thread.sleep(ms2Sleep);
                        }
catch (Exception e){
return;
}

}

try {  
                       new Makecall(args);

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
System.exit(0);
}
}

try {

/* ignored */
                        }
                  });
                          /* ignored */
                          }
                   });
        }

}

}

Comments
husam2007
Community Member

please Help

I try the code and get the below Exception

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.cisco.jtapi.TerminalImpl cannot be cast to com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoMediaTerminal

can you help me please.

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you please post you piece of code?

Thanks,

Umesh

husam2007
Community Member

Hi Umesh

Thank U for Replay .

the Exception in this line

terminal =  (CiscoMediaTerminal) provider.getTerminal ( terminalName );

public void  registerTerminal ( Provider provider, String terminalName )  {
        try {
            terminal =  (CiscoMediaTerminal) provider.getTerminal ( terminalName );

/* ignored */
                        }
                  });
                          /* ignored */
                          }
                   });
        }

}

Thanks

Husam

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't see any issue. Assuming "terminalname" is CTIPort.

Same piece of code is working for me.

CiscoMediaTerminal objCiscoMediaTerminal= (CiscoMediaTerminal)  provider.getTerminal(strCTIPortName);          

CiscoMediaTerminal objCiscoMediaTerminal= (CiscoMediaTerminal)  provider.getTerminal(strCTIPortName);

Regards,

Umesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links