Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Himanshu Jena on 30-04-2013 04:03:15 AM
I'm newbie to JTAPI and trying to integrate phone presence with an Web application. I've some idea about SIP protocol, but not interested to use SIP or CISCO presence APIs for presence.
Is there any way to know that the device or softphone has registered its endpoint to SIP REGISTRAR? i.e. Do we get any JTAPI events notification for SIP REGISTER. When device or softphone client issues RE-REGISTER (to avoid expiry) is there anyway to know device is still connected
Thanks,
Himanshu

Subject: RE: JTAPI & SIP REGISTER link
Replied by: David Staudt on 30-04-2013 11:42:21 AM
JTAPI receives events when an observed terminal goes in- or out-of-service, corresponding to registration (SIP or SCCP) or perhaps other situations like Extension  Mobility logout, or administrative removal/restriction of the device.

From JTAPI the basic steps could be to retrieve the correct terminal object from the Provider, add a terminal observer, and listen for the CiscoTermInServiceEv and
CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv events.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links