Walkthrough Wednesdays

JTAPI third party terminal monitoring

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Michal Levak on 17-06-2009 03:45:06 PM
Hello,

I am new with Cisco JTAPI and I would like to ask for a little help. I am writing the java application which should monitor the incoming calls to the terminal's DN and take some subsequent actions after the the call leg is answered.

I have successfully registered provider with CUCM (6.1.2). Application user has the terminals of the interest added into the list and CTI permissions for that user were set up as well.

When I am trying to e.g. getTerminals, the answer contains only cisco phones not third party SIP devices registered with call manager. Every time I am trying to get particular 3rd party SIP terminal according to its name I obtain: Terminal XY is not in provider's domain.

Could you please help me with this issue. I hope that there is maybe some other way. E.g. monitoring all calls answered, etc...

Best regards,
Michal Levak

Subject: RE: JTAPI third party terminal monitoring
Replied by: David Staudt on 17-06-2009 08:53:15 PM
CTI control requires special extensions to SIP, which are only present on Cisco SIP phones (and only some Cisco SIP phones - i.e. the newer ones.)  3rd party SIP phones do not support those extensions and so are not available to CTI devices.

Replied by: Michal Levak on 17-06-2009 09:07:27 PM
Thank you for answer. That is what I was afraid of. I will try to describe the situation from the the begining and maybe there will be workaround. I have an incoming call into the hunt group and it rings on three or more terminals (third party sip). After the call is answered, other terminals in the group has the phonecall in the call log as a missed call, which is undesired. Is it possible to create some kind of global observer for the entire system which would inform my application about all answered calls? Or such observers are connected only with terminals?

Best regards,
Michal Levak

Replied by: David Staudt on 18-06-2009 06:34:31 AM
So you are looking to build something like a report of all calls that never got answered by any of the three phones?

Replied by: Michal Levak on 18-06-2009 10:52:54 AM
Actually I need two lists:
- one contains the calls which have been answered by one of the terminals in the hunt group
- the other contains the calls not aswered by any of the three terminals

Replied by: David Staudt on 18-06-2009 04:00:08 PM
A cocuple of approaches may be possible:

- Setup an app-controlled CTI route point as a 'front-end' to the hunt group: configure the UCM dial plan so that all calls intended for the hunt group pilot are sent to the CTI-RP instead, where the app will record the time and calling ID of the call then Redirect the call on to the hunt pilot.  The app would then have a list of all inbound calls and could correlate this with the missed-calls info you say is available from the individual phones

- Implement your own hunt-group mechanism using a CTI-RP.  In this way the app will know both about all incoming calls and all calls which were never answered.

The ideal solution would be to be able to use CTI to monitor the hung group pilot itself - I believe this is roadmapped for a future release.

Note: even if the hunt group members were Cisco devices, it is currently not supported to use CTI to monitor hunt group members.

Replied by: Michal Levak on 18-06-2009 11:05:28 PM
Thank you for answer. I have implemented approach one and it works ok. I have also tried to implement this apporach as a front-end for the end terminal and it works ok as well, but only stand alone. When I add CTI RP into the line group, call manager does not like it.

I hope that feature of the hunt pilot CTI controll/monitoring will be available soon.

ML
Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.