Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jeevan Varughese on 26-01-2010 08:55:29 PM
How many Tandberg Precision 1080P cameras can be cascaded together using a C90 codec?

I believe the integrators manual says 7 can be daisy chained up together.  Which video inputs would you use?  Would you hook up 5 cameras via HDMI/DVI-D to inputs 1 through 5 (i believe this also sacrifices Laptop Input) and the other 2 to the HD-SDI Input?

Or is it only 5 cameras for the C90?

Also same question for the C60...I believe it it to be 3 cameras.

Thanks

jee

Subject: RE: Maximum Cameras hook up for C90
Replied by: Enrico Conedera on 27-01-2010 06:22:09 PM
Hello Jeevan -

Yes, you can have up to 7 cameras daisy-chained when using the C90 codec.  You can use any of the video inputs on the back of the C90.  You have to plan ahead, because there are 5 video buses (Source 1-5), and with 7 cameras you will be sharing video buses with cameras #6 and 7.

It is important to assign the correct Camera ID to each camera in the chain.  The IDs should start with 1 and be sequential.  This can be done from the menus:
Advanced Configuration / Video / Input / Source X / CameraControl / CameraId
...or from the API.
You will also choose the proper input connector from this same place.

At this point, you can only assign 5 CameraIds, because there are 5 simultaneous sources available for use, without having to switch input connectors.

Once that is done, the codec knows where to find the first 5 cameras in the chain.

In order to address cameras #6 and 7:
1. When using a control system, and you select camera #6 for example, you tell the codec to switch input connectors and Camera Id:
xConfiguration Video Input Source X Connector: <desired connector>
xConfiguration Video Input Source X CameraControl CameraId: 6

Then camera # 6 is found properly by the codec and can be used.

In all cases, the cameras have to be daisy-chained in the same order as the CameraIds.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Enrico
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links