Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Kevin Pickard on 11-09-2012 10:45:10 AM
Hello. We are trying to get MediaSense (MS) working in our lab environment.

We have followed the directions in the "Installation and Administration Guide for Cisco MediaSense" (IAG) and all looks okay. We see the "Call Control Service Providers" correctly in MS Administration. In the MS Serviceability interface we see Call Control Service as "In service" (as well as all the others) so all looks okay. We have double checked all the CM side config settings regarding routes, profiles and devices. All looks okay but the phones are not forking the audio stream (tested from a softphone).

When doing the config there were a couple of issues. The IAG said to "Be sure to configure Unified CM to use TCP transport for a SIP Trunk connection toCisco MediaSense." We can not find that setting to confirm.

Also it is not clear what we are supposed to use as a Route Pattern when configuring the Route Pattern on the CM side. Our phones are all 81xx so we set the pattern to 8XXX but that does not seem correct in my mind. And nowhere did I see where the individual destinations (eg. ports) on the MS server are configured. What exactly will the phone send the SIP INVITE to in order to initiate the call to the MS server? I believe this info will be sent to the phone by CM.

We are using Cisco 7961 IP Phones (we also have a 7970) along with the Cisco IP Communicator as the softphone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Subject: RE: New Message from Kevin Pickard in Cisco MediaSense (MediaSense) - Techn
Replied by: David Lender on 11-09-2012 11:40:11 AM
I suggest you use the PDI Helpdesk for Installation/Configuration issues with MediaSense.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/pdihd.html

Subject: RE: MediaSense Recording not working
Replied by: Erick Carlos on 30-10-2013 01:15:44 AM
did you make it work?
what is the route pattern for?

Thank you
Comments
nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.I followed the steps mentioned in the Installation and Administration Guide for Cisco Mediasense.

How did you resolve the issue.

Regards

Nithin Louis.

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

Nithin, this is not an API issue but a UCM product configuration issue best handled by the PDI helpdesk.

Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links