Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Janine Graves on 28-11-2006 01:16:25 AM
Hi,

Here are some miscellaneous questions:

1. Is there a way to un-group an element group (not using Ctrl-Z), or must one use cut/paste?

2. I see in Studio 5.1 that we can include Ecmascript into the root doc. Can it be invoked from a URL, or must it be inline? Also, how do I invoke the ecmascript function within the Studio app?

3. The Subdialog Start/End have moved out of the cisco folder, allowing Studio app to be invoked as a subdialog. Can a Studio app invoke another Studio app as a subdialog (so that the 2nd app can 'return' back to the one that invoked it) using these elements? Or are these elements only to allow some other voice browser code invoke Studio as a subdialog?

4. Is there any way to access the Application or Global data from within Studio? Or must it be accessed only in Java code?

Thanks!

Subject: RE: Miscellaneous Studio 5.1 questions
Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 28-11-2006 03:09:43 PM
Hi Janine,

Please find answers to your questions below

[quote:cf8c52d497]
1. Is there a way to un-group an element group (not using Ctrl-Z), or must one use cut/paste?
[/quote:cf8c52d497]

Currently only Ctrl-Z or Copy/Paste is the only way to ungroup elements. However, the full support for ungrouping of elements is scheduled to be included in the future relase of Studio. Once the new version of Studio is released, please refer to release notes for details about new features.

2. I see in Studio 5.1 that we can include Ecmascript into the root doc. Can it be invoked from a URL, or must it be inline? Also, how do I invoke the ecmascript function within the Studio app?

While the GUI allows to type in the ECMA Script, you can have an ECMAScript with an "src" attribute that will fetch the script dynamically. Please refer to VoiceXML 2.0 Specifications for more details about ECMAScripting:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-voicexml20-20040316/#dml5.3.12

3. The Subdialog Start/End have moved out of the cisco folder, allowing Studio app to be invoked as a subdialog. Can a Studio app invoke another Studio app as a subdialog (so that the 2nd app can 'return' back to the one that invoked it) using these elements? Or are these elements only to allow some other voice browser code invoke Studio as a subdialog?

Subdialogs are designed to invoke applications as subdialogs by Voice Browsers. If you want to call another Call Services application, you would have to use ApplicationTransfer element.

4. Is there any way to access the Application or Global data from within Studio? Or must it be accessed only in Java code?

You can use Substitutions to refer to Element and Session data as well as various other information. If you refer to Application's properties, when saying "Application or Global data", this data can be referred to only using Java or XML API.

Hope it addresses your questions,
Michael

Replied by: Janine Graves on 29-11-2006 03:21:04 AM
Thanks Michael.

But I still have a question about the Ecmascript.

Suppose that I include an inline ecmascript function (called 'checksum') to perform a checksum algorithm. I know how to invoke the function if I'm coding my own VXML (example, <if>) , but how do I invoke it from a Studio app?

Thanks.

Replied by: Michael Bochynski on 29-11-2006 04:44:34 AM
Janine,

The ECMAScript is automatically added to the Root Document of the application. Studio does not have the ability to refer to this script. You can refer to it on the Call Services side, using VoiceXML either in custom Voice Elements or VoiceXML Insert.

Regards,
Michael
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links