Walkthrough Wednesdays

Need CallManager generated call identifier for TAPI

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Virinchi Garimella on 21-03-2009 06:27:33 AM
HI,

When calls are made on hard phones. TAPI is giving call_id in lpCallInfo structure. But this call id is generated by TAPI API. Is there any way to get the original call id (generated by call manager) in the events or any TAPI Line structures. I need the call manager generated call id for proper coordination.

Please let me whether there is any way to know the original call id coming from call manager through TAPI events/functions and structures.

Thanks,

Subject: RE: Need CallManager generated call identifier for TAPI
Replied by: koen bekaert on 01-04-2009 07:35:58 PM
HI,

When calls are made on hard phones. TAPI is giving call_id in lpCallInfo structure. But this call id is generated by TAPI API. Is there any way to get the original call id (generated by call manager) in the events or any TAPI Line structures. I need the call manager generated call id for proper coordination.

Please let me whether there is any way to know the original call id coming from call manager through TAPI events/functions and structures.

Thanks,

which application do you use? we are trying some .net code. How can you receive the callerid via TAPI? can you post your solution, some description on how that you are accessing the TAPI?

Kr
Koen

Replied by: David Staudt on 01-04-2009 09:11:36 PM
LINECALLINFO:dwCallID field contains a combination of the callmanager ID for the call and the callmanager global call ID as follows:

10 most significant bits = CallManager ID
22 least significant bits = CallManager GlobalCallID

Replied by: koen bekaert on 02-04-2009 03:45:03 PM
LINECALLINFO:dwCallID field contains a combination of the callmanager ID for the call and the callmanager global call ID as follows:

10 most significant bits = CallManager ID
22 least significant bits = CallManager GlobalCallID

So, we make an application that's using TSP to connect to CUCM (CTImanager process) with username and password from the application user (who's controlling some phones). Then in this application we trigger LINECALLINFO:dwCallID and filter depending on which ID's we would like to see?

Are there any examples (.net) available to do so?
do we have to connect via AXL? what is used to connect?

thanks in advance

K.
Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.