Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Virinchi Garimella on 23-01-2009 07:45:09 PM
Hi,
I am very much new to TAPI, currently i am working on TAPI. I have developed one client application which will talk to TSPSRV and will able to recieve call related events from the CTI manager.
But i am not able to recieve the ip addresses of the phones (lines) along with the events.
I have tried with the LineDevSpecific function, I am able to recieve LINE_DEVSPECIFIC event, but i am getting null value in the second parameter.
Here i am copying the code snippet what i am using in my application :-
I have used the below code snippet for setting the Linestatus messages for all the opened lines.

lReturn = lineSetStatusMessages(hLine, LINEDEVSTATE_DEVSPECIFIC,LINEADDRESSSTATE_DEVSPECIFIC);
if (lReturn != 0)
{
LogMessage(__FILE__,__LINE__,ERROR_LOG_LEVEL,"TAPI failed to Set Status Messages\n\rError Code for= %lu",dwDeviceID);
}

static CCiscoLineDevSpecificSetStatusMsgs CiscoSetStatusMsgs;

CiscoSetStatusMsgs.m_DevSpecificStatusMsgsFlag = DEVSPECIFIC_MEDIA_STREAM;

LONG dwRequestID = lineDevSpecific(hLine, dwDeviceID, NULL,CiscoSetStatusMsgs.lpParams(),CiscoSetStatusMsgs.dwSize());

I have used the below code snippet for decoding the parameters:
CiscoLineDevSpecificMsgType MsgType = (CiscoLineDevSpecificMsgType)(lpMessage->dwParam1 & 0xff);
if (MsgType == SLDSMT_RECORDING_STARTED)
{
ULONG ulIP = (ULONG)lpMessage->dwParam1;
CString str;
str.Format(_T("CISCO SLDSMT_RECORDING_STARTED: IP = %u.%u.%u.%u"),
LOBYTE(LOWORD(ulIP)), HIBYTE(LOWORD(ulIP)),
LOBYTE(HIWORD(ulIP)), HIBYTE(HIWORD(ulIP)));
}

But I am getting second and third parameter of lpmessage structure as 0.

Can one help me out this ASAP where i went wrong, because as it is very urgent requirement for me..

Thanks
Venkatesh.

Subject: Re: Need information about how to get RTP endpoint information in TAPI even
Replied by: David Staudt on 23-01-2009 09:09:53 PM
For media streaming, you will be looking for the SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION and SLDSMT_STOP_TRANSMISION events, not the Recording events.

Subject: Re: Need information about how to get RTP endpoint information in TAPI even
Replied by: Virinchi Garimella on 24-01-2009 08:00:38 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for your immediate response on this..

Sorry, I am not recieving SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION and SLDSMT_STOP_TRANSMISION events. Please look at the code given by me in the previous post and let me know where i did wrong..

Your help would be much appreciated....

Replied by: Jun Xue on 29-01-2009 09:02:45 PM
Have you tried to use Cisco LineDevSpecific extension
SLDST_SET_STATUS_MESSAGES to enable CALL_DEVSPECIFIC_RTP_EVENTS bit so
your application can receive RTP event ?

Subject: RE: Re: Need information about how to get RTP endpoint information in TAPI
Replied by: Virinchi Garimella on 09-04-2009 06:14:03 AM
What is the Difference if we do lineNegotiateExtVersion(hLineApp,dwDeviceID,dwApiVersion,0x00010004,0x00020001,&dwExtVersion)
lineNegotiateExtVersion(hLineApp,dwDeviceID,dwApiVersion,0x00010004,0x00040000,&dwExtVersion)

What will be the changes in receiving events for LINEDEVSPECIF or effect on any other events.
Is it correct that if we do first one: we receive SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISIONevents with line handle and
if we do second one : we receive SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION with call handle.

or if the dwExtVersion returned by that lineNegotiateExtVersion matters in receving call handles and line handles for SLDSMT_START_TRANSMISION events.
please reply.
Manjula

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links