Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Old Audio File Keeps Playing
Replied by: Janine Graves on 12-12-2013 08:09:56 AM
You can try any or all of the following:

1.Execute 'touch C:\path\A.wav' - that'll update the LastModified
date of the A.wav file to ensure that it's newer than what's on the
gateway.

2.In the Studio app, you can try setting the VoiceXML Property Name:audiomaxage Value:0
in the bottom of the Settings tab of the Audio element. That will force the gateway to check with the media server for a newer version.

3.You could execute 'set http client cache stale' on the gateway.

4. Are you using IIS to serve the audio files? Or Tomcat? Or Apache?

1--
2Janine Graves

This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Jeff Russell on 12-12-2013 08:00:27 AM
I have a CVP app with an element that plays audio file A.wav. I overwrote A.wav with a newer version. I deployed the CVP app after making a couple of simple logic changes, and ran update.bat on the VXML server. Unfortunately, when I call/test the IVR, the old version of A.wav plays. Even when I delete A.wav from the default audio folder (for the CVP app), the old version of A.wav plays. I have flushed out/deleted all temp files in the hope that I would fix any caching, but to no avail.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating!...Thanks!

Replied by: Paul Tindall on 12-12-2013 08:10:53 AM
Issue command "set http cli cach stale" on the gateway.   Use "sho http clie cach" and you'll should see you offending file there.

Subject: RE: New Message from Jeff Russell in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - Training
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 12-12-2013 08:14:15 AM
Is the file being deployed on IIS or Tomcat itself.  I would suggest that you flush the gateway cache. That should fix it.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:00 AM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Jeff Russell in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - Training Forum: Old Audio File Keeps Playing

Jeff Russell has created a new message in the forum "Training Forum": -------------------------------------------------------------- I have a CVP app with an element that plays audio file A.wav. I overwrote A.wav with a newer version. I deployed the CVP app after making a couple of simple logic changes, and ran update.bat on the VXML server. Unfortunately, when I call/test the IVR, the old version of A.wav plays. Even when I delete A.wav from the default audio folder (for the CVP app), the old version of A.wav plays. I have flushed out/deleted all temp files in the hope that I would fix any caching, but to no avail.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating!...Thanks!
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link: http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/22222780 or simply reply to this email.

Replied by: Jeff Russell on 12-12-2013 09:02:05 AM
We flushed out the cache on the gateway, and that appeared to work. Our Infrastructure team will try the Touch command in the future in case this happens again. Thanks!

Replied by: Jin Tiam Loh on 12-12-2013 10:06:43 AM
I had a similar issue previously when using IIS. One solution was to change the cache refresh rate and other was to flush the cache. But flushing the cache to frequently (during testing phase) cause the GW to reboot ;) Not sure if anyone else face similar issue?

Thanks!
-JT-

Subject: PermGen space Error
Replied by: Jeff Russell on 23-12-2013 11:06:21 AM
Just a quick update...we decreased the refresh rate for when files are "checked" for newer versions, and that appears to do the trick for now.

Unfortunately, I am getting a new error whenever I attempt to deploy a CVP project to our VXML server: tOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Anybody come across this? We've already increased the amount of memory on the JVM, but that only appeared to be a temporary solution.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links