Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: null on 04-10-2006 01:10:56 PM
HI, I know that you can not use OSDMs with SayItSmart. My question: is there a best practice for playing things such as dynamic content with currency within an OSDM. I am currently using TTS and it is not pretty to listen to. Thanks for any suggestions you may have. Angie

Subject: RE: OSDMs and SayItSmart
Replied by: Vance Vagell on 04-10-2006 07:43:55 PM
Hi Angie,

There are several ways you can accomplish this. The recommended solution is to rework your prompts so that an Audio element can be used before your OSDM element to play an dynamic content using SayItSmart. For example, rather than saying:

"I heard a value of $10.25. Is that right?" (initial audio group of a Yes/No OSDM)

you might rework this as:

"I heard a value of $10.25." (initial audio group of an Audio element)
"Is that right?" (initial audio group of the Yes/No OSDM)

While your particular situation may be more complex, this general idea can often be applied. There is another solution, although it is somewhat more involved. You could potentially create a dynamic configuration class for your OSDM element, that acts as a simple form of SayItSmart. It could examine the dynamic information you have available, and then add/edit audio items in the OSDM's configuration to play back the appropriate media files. For more details about creating dynamic configuration classes, please refer to the Programmer Guide and our Sample Java Code forum.

Regards,
Vance
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links