Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Gerard O'Rourke on 18-07-2013 10:00:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is a road map for Finesse to support a Phone Agent?
i.e. instead of having to use CAD?

i.e. Simple Agent Agent Desktop fuctionality from an IP Phone, such as 794x.

Gerry

Subject: RE: Phone Agent Support
Replied by: Jin Tiam Loh on 18-07-2013 02:21:27 PM
As in Finesse running on IP Phone?

Thanks!
-JT-

Replied by: Koen Van Impe on 26-09-2013 08:30:10 AM
Gerard,

I'm curious to hear if you had any other replies on this.
I'm currently deploying CAD for the sole purpose of using IPPA.
Most services will use Finesse, but their are a few exceptions ... so I don't have another choice than to install CAD.

Will Cisco add IPPA features to Finesse? Or do they expect us to develop our own middleware between IP Phone services and the Finesse API?

Thx!
K

Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 24-10-2013 11:46:52 AM
Never heard anything Koen.
That the exact reason as well.
Who wants to install CAD just so you can have IP Phone Agent. Its such a 'pain'...

David - Any ideas?

Gerry

Replied by: Theodore Phipps on 24-10-2013 12:36:37 PM
Gerard O'Rourke:
Never heard anything Koen.
That the exact reason as well.
Who wants to install CAD just so you can have IP Phone Agent. Its such a 'pain'...

David - Any ideas?

Gerry

Having a Finesse-based IPPA is in our plan as we need it before we EOL CAD.  There are lots of ways to provide an IPPA equivilent.  We could replicate IPPA, we could build a mobile or tablet app, etc.  How would you want it to work?

Replied by: Edward Umansky on 24-10-2013 01:11:39 PM
We want all three ;)

They serve different purposes really. IPPA targets traditional call center agents as users. Customers often use it as a backup for PC outages or other situations where they want to avoid dependency on PCs for basic agent functions. It's unlikely that customers would use smartphone or tablet apps for traditional agents, though it would be useful for supervisors and managers. On the agent side, it's more likely you would see that used for high-skill experts, such as on-call IT support.

Both of these are important, but the basic "login through your Cisco hardphone" aspect is going to be absolutely critical for moving customers to Finesse. It's widely used in Cisco call centers today, and smartphone apps are not a viable replacement for most customers. Replicating roughly what IPPA provides today (ability to login and manage state through hardphone) should be the priority.

Any rough estimate on when you guys might start working on a feature like this? I understand it would be a completely unofficial rough estimate.

Incidentally, if any one is interested Presidio has an IPPA for Finesse product that replicates what CAD IPPA does and a bit more. The app is fully developed and has already been deployed in production. Feel free to message me if you are interested.

eumansky@presidio.com

Replied by: Theodore Phipps on 24-10-2013 02:18:52 PM
Edward Umansky:
We want all three ;)

They serve different purposes really. IPPA targets traditional call center agents as users. Customers often use it as a backup for PC outages or other situations where they want to avoid dependency on PCs for basic agent functions. It's unlikely that customers would use smartphone or tablet apps for traditional agents, though it would be useful for supervisors and managers. On the agent side, it's more likely you would see that used for high-skill experts, such as on-call IT support.

Both of these are important, but the basic "login through your Cisco hardphone" aspect is going to be absolutely critical for moving customers to Finesse. It's widely used in Cisco call centers today, and smartphone apps are not a viable replacement for most customers. Replicating roughly what IPPA provides today (ability to login and manage state through hardphone) should be the priority.

Any rough estimate on when you guys might start working on a feature like this? I understand it would be a completely unofficial rough estimate.

Incidentally, if any one is interested Presidio has an IPPA for Finesse product that replicates what CAD IPPA does and a bit more. The app is fully developed and has already been deployed in production. Feel free to message me if you are interested.

eumansky@presidio.com
Thanks for the feedback.  As far as a straight-up IPPA replacement, my very rough estimate would be 11.0 but that is very rough.

Replied by: Koen Van Impe on 25-10-2013 02:56:57 AM
I agree with Edward. The IPPA features as we know them today are indeed often used as a backup scenario, just to make sure calls can still be answered.
Smartphone and tablet apps is another story, but I'm sure there's a market for it.

Only available in 11.0 means we'll have to wait for another year at least.
I'll keep Edward's contact handy, just in case...

Rgds,
Koen
Comments
lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Is there any change in supportability in v10/v10.5?

Thanks!

-JT-

Tim Warner
Level 1
Level 1

There is no IPPA in 10 or 10.5

Tim Warner
Level 1
Level 1

IPPA exists now in 11

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links