Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Norman Bell on 28-09-2012 02:53:46 PM
Quick question -  is it possible to integrate C-series phonebook display onto Creston touch panel (similar to C-series' touch panel)? We currently have a VC room equipped with a C-series codec integrated with Creston touch panel which mimics the C-series remote control. When user launches phonebook icon through the Creston touch panel, the phonebook displays on the TV screen. We would like to understand is there any Cisco solution can integrate C-series phonebook display onto the Creston touch panel or a touch panel displaying similar to phonebook on C-series touch panel?

Subject: RE: Phone books on touch panel
Replied by: brian stabinger on 28-09-2012 03:49:14 PM
There certainly is a way to do this, Norman. The difficulty lies in what type of hardware you are using. Certain models of touchscreens may not be capable of displaying the information (1-way wireless panels), or may just be impracticle (TPS-1700, or other low-rez panels), given their size and capabilities. Cabling and (processor) hardware need to also be taken into concideration. Is the codec currently being controlled via, serial, LAN, or IR? 
By the sounds of it, the programmer had taken the easy road, and is simply mimicing the remote control. Hence, there would need to be updates to the UI, as well as (I'm assuming) to the program itself.
So a couple of questions -
1) Do you have the full, archived program?
2) What processor is being used?
3) What panel is being used?
4) How is the codec connected to the control system?

Subject: RE: Phone books on touch panel
Replied by: David Bruun-Lie on 01-10-2012 05:40:43 AM
Hi Norman,
of course the phonebook can be displayed on the touch panel. The Crestron module available for the C-series on this site (and from crestron database) have all supported this since day 1 (I know for a fact as I wrote the modules myself)
Cheers,
David
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links