Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Roland Russwurm on 04-09-2013 03:38:06 AM
I would like to know, how does the “Phone button template” selection filtering logic work in the drop-down.

For example, if I create a new phone:
                Phone type: Cisco 8961 – SIP      Phone button template: only “Standard 8961 SIP”
                Phone type: Cisco 7965 – SIP      Phone button template: available all the templates to select (even SCCP)
                …

So, is there a general rule or a configuration for this? Or is it hard-coded call manager logic?
I also noted, there is a “Device -> Device Settings -> Device Defaults” page, but I cannot any connection to the available templates list.

Similar question waitig for answer:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl-developer/forums/-/message_boards/message/4158202?_19_redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fdeveloper.cisco.com%2Fweb%2Faxl-developer%2Fforums%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fsearch%3F_19_keywords%3Dphone%2Bbutton%2Btemplate%26_19_searchCat...
Comments
darksnowcat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

good question. There is a different behaviour on different cucm version. On cucm 8.6.2 there is 9971 which has all phone button templates and on cucm 9.1 there are the device types that match to that device type.

Has anybody an idea? When i look at the database of the cucm there are rules that phone button templates should match to the device type...

nkleven
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone figured this out?  I'm trying to make a form that shows available phone button templates but instead I am getting all of the phone templates.  I don't see in AXL how to set what device you want to list the templates for.  Anyone find a workaround for this?

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure why some phones are showing all the templates.  As far as I know you should be able to identify the target templates for a particular phone model via the relationship in the "phonetemplate" table's "typemodel" field, i.e. below (model 683 is the 7965:)

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns="http://www.cisco.com/AXL/API/10.5">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<ns:executeSQLQuery>

<sql>select * from phonetemplate where tkmodel=683</sql>

</ns:executeSQLQuery>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

nkleven
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you!  This is exactly what I needed!  I didn't even think about using a SQL Query, but that makes perfect sense.  I was using the "listPhoneTemplate" AXL request, which of course gives you everything, and populating my drop down list from there.  Obviously this is very dangerous.  You just saved the day!  Thank you!

nkleven
Level 4
Level 4

I'm actually finding that in your example device code 684 is an 8841, is

that right? Is yours different because you're working with 10.5 and I'm on

11.5? I'd hope these wouldn't change with every revision. Please tell me

that's the case.

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure where I got that number to be honest   Can confirm you are correct that you can expect them to be the same across all versions.

nkleven
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you sir! That is a huge relief.

darksnowcat
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, but sending select * from phonetemplate where tkmodel=683 returns only phone button templates for model 683 (Cisco 8841). But when you look at the gui of the cucm and create a new Cisco 8841 all templates can be used.

Same thing for Universal Device Template Button Layout that is visible for some phones. Would be nice if someone from the devs could give us a small hint which templates can be assigned to which phones.

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure why in some situations all phone templates are returned for certain devices...in my mind this is potentially a defect.  Do you have an actual business use-case for selecting templates from other models?

For detailed analysis, i.e. looking at logs and escalating to AXL engineering for investigation, recommend opening a DevNet Developer Support ticket: Cisco DevNet: DevNet Developer Support

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nate,

select name,tkmodel from typeproduct will return tkModel for all phones in the system. I believe tkModel for 8841 should be 683, not 684 (684 = 8851). I'll check with the DB team to see if there are any relation b/w tkModel and the templates that can be use for that phone.

Regards,

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links