Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ramesh Singaraj on 21-11-2011 06:53:36 AM
Hi,

We have a XML application deployed in CUCM 7.x previously and was working without any issue.
The application is used for searching any employees in the organisation and dial to their number.
Users were able to search the other person and able to dial them using the SoftKey provided in the application.

Cisco IP Phone SDKs are using for dialing the number. FYI, Phone.push() method is used for dialing the numbers.

Recently upgraded CUCMs to 8.0.3 and the application stopped working or not working as desired. There is no exception displyed in application server log as well.

Were checking it in our lab envt. with some sample code and it is working fine in earlier version & not in 8.x

Appriciate your help to resolve this issue.

Post the test program that we are using to test the above said scenario in our lab.
Below is Push2Phone.jsp

<%@ page language="java" import="com.cisco.ipphone.sdk.*, com.cisco.ipphone.sdk.push2phone.PushMessage, java.net.InetAddress, java.util.*" %>
<%
String messageURL = "http://IP/push2phone/jsp/Message.jsp";

String userId = END USER ID;
String password = END USER PASSWORD;

out.println("<html>");
out.println("<body>");
out.println("<h1>Push2Phone</h1>");
PushMessage.setMessageText("Test Message");
String[] uris = { messageURL, "Play:chime.raw" };
Phone.push(uris, PHONE_IP , userId, password, false);
out.println("</body>");
out.println("</html>");
%>

Below is Message.jsp
<%response.setContentType("text/xml");%>
<CiscoIPPhoneText>
     <Title>Test Message</Title>
     <Prompt>Test Message</Prompt>
     <Text>Hello World</Text>
     <SoftKeyItem>
         <Name>Exit</Name>
         <URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL>
         <Position>1</Position>
     </SoftKeyItem>   
</CiscoIPPhoneText>

Regards,
Ramesh

Subject: RE: Porting Issue - IP Phone Service from CUCM ver. 7.x to 8.0.3
Replied by: Jeffrey Ness on 21-11-2011 06:02:32 PM
One initial thing that comes to mind is with CUCM 8.0 and higher the Secure URLs are available so it is possible you have a custom authentication script (as is prescribed in the developers guides to bypass authentication and allow this type of push to work with a generic username and password). I would check in the Enterprise Parameter if the Secure Authentication URL is populated. If your non-secure Authentication URL is populated with a non-default entry you will want to have an empty Secure Authentication URL to use the non-secure Authentication URL. Just an important note - there is a documented bug where the Secure URLs will come back to the defaults upon CUCM reboot (whether they are changed to empty or non-default values). I believe the resolution to this caveat has been recently introduced in some patches (not sure if it is in an SU or just ES releases.)

Replied by: Ramesh Singaraj on 22-11-2011 10:43:55 AM
Thanks for your response, I will check the authentication URL and try to by-pass the authentication.

However forgot to mention one thing in my previous post.
The call goes through without any issue if I use IP Communicator and face this issue with Hard Phones.

Regards,
Ramesh

Replied by: Stephen Welsh on 30-11-2011 07:14:29 AM
I suspect you have a problem with your ITL file on the phone not trusting your clusters TVS (Trust Verification Service), with UCM 8.x Cisco has introduced Security by Default, this includes the use of HTTPS urls for a number of phone services.

I suggest you review the following document to see if this relates to your problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18964

Thanks

Stephen

Replied by: Khalid Al Shamsi on 30-11-2011 07:00:10 AM
Similar problem as above.

We had a weather service that shows the weather on the phone screen, but after upgrading the CUCM from 7.1 to 8.5, the service is not displaying anything on the screen and no errors can be seen.

Regards,

Replied by: Khalid Al Shamsi on 01-12-2011 06:28:00 AM
Thanks for the document, it was an interesting read.

But before i delete the ITL file from the phone itself, i decided to check it with the older CUCM v7.1 again to see if the service would work.

Interesting though, the weather status on the screen still didn't work. Which made me think its the firmware on the phone (9.1.1) which previously got upgraded by connecting to CUCM v8.5. Before the firmware on the phone was 8.5.

My next step would be delete the ITL file from the phone and check if the service works.

Regards,
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links