Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Joseph Craig on 03-07-2013 04:13:19 PM
Hi,

When someone registers for one of our events, I want to be able to send an HTTP POST to an external URL with all of the registration question data.  We are going to use this to create leads automatically in Salesforce.

Is this possible?

Can anyone point me to resources that I can use?

Thanks!

Subject: RE: POST Registration Form Data to External URL
Replied by: Michael Palkovich on 03-07-2013 04:46:24 PM
Hello Joseph,

Our API does not allow you to redirect the WebEx registration form to an external URL.  However you could create an external Registration page, and use our API to register the user for the session on WebEx as well as save the data in salesforce or POST the data to Salesforce if the registration form is also external to Salesforce.

For more information on registering users via our XML API please see the CreateMeetingAttendee XML API request in Chapter 12.1 of our XML API reference guide (http://developer.cisco.com/documents/4733862/4736722/xml_api_5+9.pdf).

An alternative would be to retrieve the attendees information after the user had registered using the XML API
LstMeetingAttendee request (see Chapter 12.4 in the XML API Reference guide).  In this case, if users are registering on the WebEx site directly your integration will not be able to detect when the user has registered, so you would either need to call this API before starting the meeting or at certain intervals.   Also please note, this API does not return the registration question and answers which is why we suggest hosting your own registration form.

Regards,
Mike Palkovich
Cisco WebEx API Developer Services

Subject: RE: POST Registration Form Data to External URL
Replied by: Joseph Craig on 04-07-2013 03:00:56 PM
Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links