Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Flo H on 21-04-2011 05:08:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I have some problems with the firmware version of my PrecisionHD USB cameras.

I have some devices with V1.1, some V1.2.1, and some with V1.3.0.

The ones that causes problems are those with V1.3.0.

We use those on Windows XPSP3, for point-to-point conferences. Every time we test, the video stream fails and after that, it is impossible to get in the conf again.

The only way to show an image again is to unplug and replug the cam.

The latest version of firmware is the V1.4.0, I have tried to upgrade my devices but I just can't. The installer fails to upgrade the camera.

I had succeeded in upgrading cameras from V1.2.1 to V1.4.0, but starting from V1.3.0 is a no go.

I have tons of errors in the gstreamer log, because the system cannot talk to the device after the first error occur.

Sometimes it produces Movi errors, software excpections and crash of the application.

By the way, the Movi version is 3.0.5.5326.

I have tested many scenarii and I am pretty sure this is about the firmware version.

If any of you know a solution to upgrade, or even downgrade the firmware, or can point me to a known bug, this would be **really** great !

Thanks in advance.

04/22 edit : I just tried with a camera with firmware v1.4.0, it's worst. After 10 seconds the Movi software crashes.
Should I try an updated version of Movi ? (The crash is from the gstreamer library).

Subject: RE: PrecisionHD USB Cameras firmware problem
Replied by: Oyvind Bjorstad on 27-04-2011 04:21:39 PM
Hi Flo,

This is more of a support/TAC type issue rather then a developer/integration question as is the focus of this forum. I'd ask that you pursue this topic with the TAC in your region or sales support team, if you have not already done that.

/Øyvind

Replied by: Flo H on 04-05-2011 11:59:43 AM
Hi Øyvind,

thanks for the answer, i knew this was a bit misplaced.

Unfortunately, i can't contact any support, so i'll continue to search ...

If a mod pass here, you can delete this thread.

Replied by: Pascal MILARET on 27-05-2011 12:08:45 PM
Hi Flo,

You are not alone. I am working on your problem in collaboration with your technical support.
At this time we need to understand in which circumstance the problem occur.

cheers

Replied by: Andy Wander on 24-01-2012 12:57:38 AM
Were you able to find an answer anywhere? I searched on Cisco and tandberg websites, with no luck.

Replied by: Johan Randby on 25-01-2012 10:33:21 AM
Hi
Could you be more specific wrt software versions, symptoms and platform?

Are you able to upgrade to Jabber 4.2 or 4.3 and the CC 1.4? Do you still see these problems?

BR
Johan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links