Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Cody Burger on 14-11-2012 03:54:18 PM
Hello,
I am going through the steps to upgrade to WebEx Social 3.0 and under step 16 d it says to use a particular command to restore the xmppdb.dmp file only if your notifier node hostname hasn't changed. What command should we use if the notifier node hostname has changed?

Section in question:

If your Cisco WebEx Social 3.0 deployment is using the same Notifier node hostname that was used in the Quad deployment that you are upgrading from, enter the following command to restore the xmppdb.dmp file.
Do not restore your database by using this command if you changed the Notifier node hostname.
# sudo /opt/oracle/utils/restore_db.sh --db-name xmppdb --db-dump-file / opt/oracle/c2.5.2_xmppdb.dmp

Subject: RE: RDBMS Database Restore
Replied by: Ratnadeep Ray on 15-11-2012 12:59:36 AM
Hi Cody, 

I believe in case the Notifier node hostname has been changed, then we should not restore our database. Anyway, will confirm this. 

Regards,
Ratnadeep.

Replied by: Ratnadeep Ray on 15-11-2012 02:09:15 AM
Hi Cody, 

Let me add one more point. In case the hostname is changed, then you need to recreate the old database or create a new one. Once you save the
notifier settings and add the notifier node to the topology in director, it
will get populated with the needed configuration. You must also run xmpp sync
once the node is up.

Hope this answers your question. 

Regards, 
Ratnadeep. 

Replied by: Cody Burger on 15-11-2012 06:32:07 AM
Ratnadeep,
I appreciate you getting back to me. Forgive my noobness, but can you provide the commands to either do the database recreation or new database creation. Also, the xmpp sync command?

Thanks in advance.
Cody

Replied by: Ratnadeep Ray on 16-11-2012 12:41:28 AM
Hi Cody, 
cr_ECP_DB.sh creates the XMPP DB user which will be empty with no tables/objects while puppet runs happens on the rdbms role. The schema gets created when the quad, openfire starts. 

After that the following steps will ensure the db is populated correctly. 
1) Entries in the Notifier settings section in Director's configuration page.
2) Adding notifier node to the topology of Director.
3) At this point, puppet runs on the notifier node and pushes tables and custom config into the oracle xmppdb user. It also updates Quad nodes portal-ext.properties with the settings needs for xmpp connection and restarts Quad.

If at all you have to drop and recreate 'xmppdb' oracle user after the above steps (settings and node already exist in director), then you need to 'force puppet run' on notifier node by deleting a config file like /opt/cisco/openfire/conf/openfire.xml* (there are 2 files, both need to be deleted) and then running 'service puppet debug'. This will repopulate the tables and custom settings into the newly created database.

Does this answer your question? 

Regards, 
Ratnadeep.

Replied by: Cody Burger on 16-11-2012 10:04:38 AM
Yup, it sure does, thank you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links