Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: John Blowers on 10-09-2012 05:24:29 PM
Prior to the migration of Tandberg's Developer's Forum over to Cisco's Developer Network, I had posted a request for help regarding the inabliity of the AMX C series module recognizing that the codec has been power cycled and there by dumping all comm port configurations thrown to it by the module when it first initializes after the AMX controller is rebooted. Unfortunatley, the migration over the CDN has lost my posting on this issue, so I'm unable to see if there has been any further developments on this issue.

This is arrises whenever the IT department at the client's site decides they want to reboot the Tandberg C series codec after the control system has booted up. And until the control system is either rebooted or the REINIT command is sent to the module, the module stops transmitting any commands to the device port, thereby breaking all control of the device. Unfortunately, I am only able to control the codec over RS-232 as the AMX controller is not vetted to sit on the US government's network.

Has there been any headway made on this issue? I am still encountering control system faliures due to this issue, and am working on writting code to work around this issue. If this issue has been resolved or has a work around that I would not have to create, I would welcome either of these.

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

John B.

PS - We are experiencing this issue in an installation that includes some 120+ C series Tandberg codecs and a similiar amount of AMX NI-4100's. Any support to resolve this systemic issue would be apprecaited.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links