Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Matthew Rowett on 06-11-2012 04:08:19 AM
Is it possible to do this in Monitor Mode? I can filter to receive agent state events for a given skillgroup but I'm not sure which filter to add to receive call events. In particular I'd like to be notified of an incoming call for my skillgroup.

Subject: RE: New Message from Matthew Rowett in Computer Telephony Integration Objec
Replied by: David Lender on 06-11-2012 08:10:48 AM
You can receive ALL call events by specifying in the filter each call event you want to receive (eCallBeginEvent, eCallDeliveredEvent, eCallEstablishedEvent, etc.
I do not know of a way to filter agent events only for a specific skill AND then get only call events for that skill only.

Subject: RE: Receive call event for agents skillgroups
Replied by: Matthew Rowett on 06-11-2012 10:29:06 AM
Thanks David,
So I am correct in saying that there is no way to receive call events for a particular skillgroup, I have to receive all call events from the server and then manually filter them as per http://developer.cisco.com/web/ctios/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/1867147? This seems very inefficient.
Is there a way to do what I'm looking at in Agent Mode? At the moment my requirement is to have a screen pop for calls coming into my skillgroup. 

Subject: RE: New Message from Matthew Rowett in Computer Telephony Integration Objec
Replied by: David Lender on 09-11-2012 03:00:48 PM
In an agent mode connection you will get all call and agent state events for that particular agent.  If you are wanting to screenpop only calls for a specific skillgroup (any ACD call to the agent is destined for one of the agent’s skill groups)  you can certainly examine the skillgroup id or skillgroup number in the begin call event and only screenpop on a specific skill or skills.

Replied by: Marty Burkel on 09-11-2012 03:19:29 PM
You may have to wait for the delivered event before the skillgroup id and number are set.  For the begin and alerting events, it's -1 or 0, from my experience.

Replied by: Matthew Rowett on 16-11-2012 04:09:22 AM
Thanks all for your replies, they are much appreciated. I'm specifically working in Monitor mode, capturing a required subset of notifications. My application is written in C#.
I need to then be able to obtain the SkillGroupId for that call which I'm currently not able to do. For instance, I'm looking in the args of the eCallHeldEvent which I can dump out as follows:
{(CallType:2 EventCause:65535 HoldingDeviceID:55523 EnablementMask:0xBF01A6 UniqueObjectID:call.5000.57282317.901582491100 CallStatus:eCallConnectionConnect EventID:11 MessageID:eCallHeldEvent ICMEnterpriseUniqueID:icm.150433.2939 DeviceUniqueObjectID:device.5000.901582491100)}
Taking this UniqueObjectID I'm able to obtain the Call object:
"(NumCTIClients:0 ConnectionCallID:0 CallType:10 ConnectionDeviceIDType:0 EventCause:65535 LineType:0 CampaignID:0 QueryRuleID:0 ANInull) UserToUserInfonull) DNISnull) DialedNumbernull) CallerEnteredDigitsnull) ConnectionDeviceIDnull) HoldingDeviceID:55907 RetrievingDeviceID:55907 CallWrapupDatanull) RouterCallKeyDay:0 RouterCallKeyCallID:0 EnablementMask:0x68BF000A UniqueObjectID:call.5000.57284972.55907 CallStatus:eCallConnectionHold MessageID:eCallHeldEvent ClassIdentifier:3 LastErrordotNET_Sess(32977404)_EvtThd(12):1) CallVariables) ICMEnterpriseUniqueID:icm.150433.3174 MeasuredCallQTime:0 DeviceUniqueObjectID:device.5000.55907)"
In the documentation the Call object has a properties for both SkillGroupID and SkillGroupNumber, which is what I'm looking for but are not there. I've read in various places in the documentation that it is possible to enable further properties through a registry setting on the CTI OS server, could that solve my problem?

Replied by: David Lender on 16-11-2012 10:07:48 AM
See the MinimizeEventArgs registry setting in the CTIOS System Manager’s Guide.  Setting the key to 0 provides the full set of event args.  See the section Getting All Event Parameters in chapter 6 of the CTIOS Developer Guide.
See Table 6-93 MinimizeEventArgs event parameters. The table shows the CallEstablishedEvent with the SkillgroupID and SkillgroupNumber if you turn off minimizeeventargs

Replied by: Bartosz Grudowski on 22-11-2012 09:08:37 AM
David Lender:
See the MinimizeEventArgs registry setting in the CTIOS System Manager’s Guide. Setting the key to 0 provides the full set of event args. See the section Getting All Event Parameters in chapter 6 of the CTIOS Developer Guide. See Table 6-93 MinimizeEventArgs event parameters. The table shows the CallEstablishedEvent with the SkillgroupID and SkillgroupNumber if you turn off minimizeeventargs
I've got a question maybe a bit off the main topic: if you set the mentioned key to 0, what impact it has on the bandwidth used for client-server communication? Does Cisco bandwidth calculator for CTIOS take this option into account or do we need to calculate any overhead?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links