Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11

Subject: RE: Record element and FTP transfer ???
Replied by: Janine Graves on 25-07-2012 08:20:28 PM
Hi Luis,

Are you using the FTP client element of Studio 8.5? I've used it successfully. If it can't ftp somewhere, then you'll see the reasons in the activity log.

I've also successfully used the Record element to ftp the recording, but it ftp's in the background, so the file might not show up right away. Why don't you first try storing the recording onto the VxmlServer by filling in the Path setting.Just to ensure that you're taking the recording correctly.

NOTE - in the Record element, if you fill in both the PATH and the FTP HOST - the the Record element will ONLY store the file locally in the designated path. It will ignore the FTP information. Perhaps that's the problem.

Replied by: Michael Aossey on 25-07-2012 08:21:20 PM
Luis,

I can help you out, I have done this a ton of times in the past.  Can you post a screen shot of the element config settings and the activity log from your app?

By the way, I have been meaning to ask you and Carlos what the name of the hosted call generator you use is?  I remember Carlos loading credits in a web site to place test calls via a dialer when i was there.  Let me know if you remember what it is called.

Thanks,

Mike

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 25-07-2012 09:31:56 PM
Janine,
No, I'm using the FTP option inside the Record element.  Saving to the VXML server works fine, it's only when I try to use the FTP option.
I had it to do "background" but I waited a few minutes and nothing showed up.

thanks

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 25-07-2012 09:35:50 PM
Mike, 
Thanks.  The name of the site is www.callfire.com and the service we used was Voice Broadcast.

Attached is the screenshot.  I'm not using the FTP Client element but the embeded ftp in the record element, thanks.

L
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Luis Yrigoyen on 25-07-2012 06:55:58 PM
Im building an app to create recording, very simple nothing fancy.
I'm trying to copy the recordings to an FTP server but it doesn't work.  I've tried it with two different WORKING FTP servers and the files are nowhere to be found!
The reason I say they are nowhere to be found is becuase the application runs fine, the record element ends fine as if copy the recordings somewhere but they are not in the FTP server.  

any ideas?

thanks 

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 26-07-2012 11:37:44 AM
I tried it with the FTP client element and now I get a different error:

The error was: 'com.cisco.cvp.vxml.custelem.FTP' is not a valid decision element class.

any ideas?

thanks

Replied by: Michael Aossey on 26-07-2012 12:34:40 PM
Luis,

the screen shot does not the settings pane for the Record_01 element. Can you post that?

Thanks for the reminder on the callfire thingt too!

Subject: RE: New Message from Luis Yrigoyen in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Hemal Mehta on 26-07-2012 12:44:26 PM
I would use action element and call java action class which will ftp the files for you.  That way you will have much more flexible solution and you can add lot of options.
Hemal

From: Cisco Developer Community Forums [mailto:cdicuser@developer.cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:32 PM
To: cdicuser@developer.cisco.com
Subject: New Message from Luis Yrigoyen in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General Discussion - All Versions: RE: Record element and FTP transfer ???

Luis Yrigoyen has created a new message in the forum "General Discussion - All Versions":

--------------------------------------------------------------
Janine,
No, I'm using the FTP option inside the Record element.  Saving to the VXML server works fine, it's only when I try to use the FTP option.
I had it to do "background" but I waited a few minutes and nothing showed up.

thanks
--
To respond to this post, please click the following link:

<http://developer.cisco.com/web/cvp/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/6182939>

or simply reply to this email.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 26-07-2012 01:35:35 PM
Sounds like you have Studio 8.5 (wiht the ftp client element) but VxmlServer 8.0 (without the ftp client element).
If you look in VxmlServer/Tomcat/logs/stdout.log it'll tell you the VxmlServer version.

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 27-07-2012 09:03:30 AM
Mike,
I attached the screenshot as a jpg.

thanks

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 27-07-2012 09:05:28 AM
Janine,
You're correct, my lab is running 8.0 but production 8.5; I completely forgot!!!  I'll upgrade to test.
But I still don't understand why the Record element embedded ftp doesn't work.

thanks

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 27-07-2012 09:55:58 AM
Janine,
It's finally working with the embedded client.  I guess there are some issues with the windows firewall and I had to run some commands specific to FTP even though it was disabled.
(netsh advfirewall...)  ???

Correct, I've configured the gateway to allow up to 15 minutes of recorded time per recording.  I've ran some test in the lab site and so far so good. I'm getting ready to deploy and test in our production environment with real calls.

thank you for your help.

Replied by: Janine Graves on 27-07-2012 09:16:57 AM
Luis, we need  you to post the contents of the Settings tab of your Record element.

If you have both the Path and FTP host configured, then the recording will NOT be ftp'ed. Is this the case?

Note - there seem to be 2 different people posting questions about the Record element issues. Are you related to the other post? It's getting confusing to keep the issues straight.

You should post as much information as possible when you have a question. The version of Studio and VxmlServer being used, the data in the Settings tab, and any relevant activity or error logs.

Thanks, Janine

Replied by: Janine Graves on 27-07-2012 09:21:27 AM
Luis,

Just opened the jpg and saw your Settings tab.

For now, try hard coding the filename to 'message' (omit the quotes, no file extension).

For the ftp path, either leave it blank (and the recording should  go into your ftproot directory) or create a subdirectory of your ftp root directory (like en-us) and then enter 'en-us' (omit quotes) as the ftp path.

Are you sure you know where the ftp-root directory is?

And are you sure you've checked the permissions on that ftp directory, and user 'cisco' pwd 'cisco' is valid?

Replied by: Janine Graves on 27-07-2012 09:35:07 AM
You could also try shortening the max recording time to something like 60s.

If you have a large recording time, ensure that you've allotted enough space in your gateway config

ivr record memory session <KB>
ivr record memory system <KB>

And ensure that your studio application has the Session Timeout set to a value large enough to include the initial prompt, the recording time, and any retries you're allowing. This is under Project/Properties/CallStudio/General

Replied by: Luis Yrigoyen on 17-08-2012 10:23:31 AM
Janine,
On a semi-related subject; I'm looking into customizing the Record element to add features such as:
1. End recording on a specific DTMF keypress
2. play a beep every x seconds

Do you know if this is possible?
Do you have any sample code?

When I took your CVP-D class you gave us some java classes and codes to use as guides.  You included a class called CustomRecordWithConfirm.class but I can't find the code file for it.  Do you have any other samples for the record element?

thanks

Subject: Re: New Message from Luis Yrigoyen in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - General
Replied by: Janine Graves on 19-08-2012 01:13:22 PM
Luis, In the VXML Specification there's no way to specify that just one specifi DTMF key should end the recording or to play a beep to the caller every x seconds. So you're out of luck.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links