Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Dipika Gupta on 08-08-2013 06:19:53 AM
Hi guys ,

I am using Record element in Call Studio to record Message of the day . I have given a filename . But when I rerecord the message next time it is not overrding the previous recording .According to element spec. the file should override any previous file present with the same name .

Can you please help me with this .

Thanks,
Dipika

Subject: RE: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP
Replied by: Gerard O'Rourke on 08-08-2013 09:05:22 AM
Its important to note, when "ivr prompt streamed none" is configured (which it should be as its the recommended setting for CVP), as Janine says the Gateway only queries the media server for the file after it has expired on the gateway.

However its also important to note, that the gateway when it does query the IIS server, it uses a HTTP GET IF MODIFIED request. So if the file has not changed, it does NOT re-download it each time it makes a reuqest, i.e. the request & Bandwidth used is tiny, so you should in my view set the expiry timer to no more than 15 minutes.

If you are overwrite an existing file with an OLDER file (with an older modified date), the gateway will NOT download it. you must change the modifed date on the file to be at least newer than the one in cache. There are a number of free programs which can update the files / folders modified date.

By default IIS is not set up to expire after 15 minutes, so you might want to change your IIS config and reboot your gateway to clear all its cache.

Gerry

Subject: Re: New Message from Dipika Gupta in Customer Voice Portal (CVP) - CVP - Al
Replied by: Janine Graves on 08-08-2013 08:47:20 AM
How do you know it's not being overwritten? It most probably is being overwritten, but when you try to play it as a URI, the gateway is using the previous 'cached' version of the prompt. In the Audio element that plays the Message of the day, in its Settings tab, set the VoiceXML Property name:audiomaxage value:60 then the VxmlGateway will check for newer versions every 60seconds. It will be better to also modify your IIS server to set the HTTP header on this audio file name so that it expires frequently (every 10 minutes? every hour? whatever you need). Look on Google for how to set IIS Expiration Headers. -- Janine Graves

Subject: RE: Record element File not overriding
Replied by: Dipika Gupta on 23-08-2013 01:50:20 AM
Thanks...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links