Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Recorder provisioning

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Ken Mills on 05-11-2010 09:06:52 PM
I'm reading through the Monitoring and Recording doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1177365) and don't see how/when to create a DN for my recording server.

Should my recording server have one DN with multiple lines or multiple DNs with a single line each?

Do I need to create a phone device for my recording server? If so, what type? A basic SIP phone seems to only have 2 lines and an Advanced SIP phone has 8. I'm looking to have hundreds.

I've followed the check list items in the doc, but there seems to be several things left out.

Subject: RE: Recorder provisioning
Replied by: David Staudt on 06-11-2010 12:16:16 AM
The SIP recorder needs to be provisioned as a SIP trunk.  A trunk does not have a fixed number of DNs assigned and is not limited in the number of simultaneous calls.  Typically for recording purposes you will create a Route Pattern which routes a specificed DN pattern to the SIP trunk as the destination.

Replied by: Ken Mills on 14-01-2011 05:34:37 PM
Just started back on this project and am trying to provision my system for automatic call recording.

I've perormed all of the items on the checklist:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1177365

But don't see any SIP calls being generated by the CM (to the phone or to my recorder) when I call a phone setup for recording.

Are there any system logs I can take a look at to see where my problem may be? Is there any extra licensing that I could be missing?

The phone I'm setting up to be recorded is a Cisco IP Communicator softphone v7.0.5. My CM is also 7.1.5.

Replied by: David Staudt on 14-01-2011 10:03:26 PM
The Callmanager SDL and SDI service logs might tell, but are not easy to read - usually interpreted by TAC.

As there are numerious configuration steps to be made, best results will surely be had by opening a case with TAC for direct help.

One thing to check is if you can place a regular call from the IPC to the SIP trunk recorder DN and connect.  The recording occurs as a separate call, so this must work.  Note that there is a recording Calling Search Space that needs to work to direct the call to the recorder - make the regular CSS the same as this recording CSS when you do the test.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here